Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Couple new ones back from Taxi

Wow you are very well achieved sheep hunter congratulations! I know I will never have the amount as you do but hope to have a couple to call mine as for now I’m just happy to have been successful this past season and look forward to the day I get to go back and hold out for an old warrior! You have some beautiful rams. What’s your oldest ?

Any updates on what is going to happen for Alaska sheep? I still couldn’t find the harvest reports per unit and nr and resident kill, any idea of a link to that? I also heard rumor of a possibility of shutting down sheep hunting in some of the units for 5 years.

Amazing wall of fortitude, determination, and soggy feet.
Jeez...hard to fathom.
So impressive.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to check some and add appropriate fall prevention. They tend to rotate during a shake and fall off, but all are on a 1/4" lag bolt in a stud with solid hangers that cant slip off. When we had the big earthquake a couple years ago, one did fall off, but luckily my kids play table broke the fall.

I need to make some adjustments with the bear rug, or toss it. They’re crammed in there have a couple euros in my officeas well. I need a bigger houseView attachment 248793
I.Hate.You!

Wow you are very well achieved sheep hunter congratulations! I know I will never have the amount as you do but hope to have a couple to call mine as for now I’m just happy to have been successful this past season and look forward to the day I get to go back and hold out for an old warrior! You have some beautiful rams. What’s your oldest ?

Any updates on what is going to happen for Alaska sheep? I still couldn’t find the harvest reports per unit and nr and resident kill, any idea of a link to that? I also heard rumor of a possibility of shutting down sheep hunting in some of the units for 5 years.
The average age is 10. I have 2x 13yo and 2x 8yo up there.

Harvest stats are preliminary. They wont finalize them until may or so. I got them from ADFG. The area you hunted had 25% of normal harvest, most were taken by NR.

No clue what they will do.

Many times, when I see a pic of an extraordinary "trophy wall" I wonder how much the guy paid in outfitter fees or auction tags.
I have a feeling these Rams were paid for in something more special than cash.
Outstanding!!

I am incredibly impressed. What is nothing more than a dream to most is your reality. I understand there was a huge amount of work involved in what is shown in your pic, but wow.

Beautiful wall of sheep @Bambistew. One question on the mounts, is that the way the sheep are built with the prominent brisket, or does it just stand out more with the brilliant white coat. Most deer and elk the mounts the gap between the legs and brisket is not as pronounced.

Beautiful wall of sheep @Bambistew. One question on the mounts, is that the way the sheep are built with the prominent brisket, or does it just stand out more with the brilliant white coat. Most deer and elk the mounts the gap between the legs and brisket is not as pronounced.
Sheep have a much larger brisket than a deer, its flat and concaved. The legs are added onto the form by the taxidermist. You can see one without legs, and it looks funny. It was exaggerated because that ram has really short hair, and was skinny.

There isn't a lot of options for sheep forms, maybe 4-5 poses. I think 6 of the 10 I have are custom poses, with more turns, or head rotated, or something. It costs more, but makes them look more interesting.

I've more money in taxidermy than hunting costs. My wife really wanted to have a wall of sheep, and still doesn't regret it. haha :D The 2 left rams are hers.

Incredible rams Bambi.
Your passion and success with sheep is very obvious.
Nothing on that wall is close to being marginal or immature, which says lots about your respect for sheep and how you hunt.
I'm curious if the darker cape came from a Fannin? I think that's the substitute mount?
Well done sir.

Incredible rams Bambi.
Your passion and success with sheep is very obvious.
Nothing on that wall is close to being marginal or immature, which says lots about your respect for sheep and how you hunt.
I'm curious if the darker cape came from a Fannin? I think that's the substitute mount?
Well done sir.
I wish it was a fannin, but no, it came from my 2021 ram. There is a lot of black shale in the area, the other cape is stained pretty dark as well.

I wish it was a fannin, but no, it came from my 2021 ram. There is a lot of black shale in the area, the other cape is stained pretty dark as well.
Well that's the most impressive wall of Dalls I have ever seen from one hunter.
Hopefully you can get back at it soon.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to check some and add appropriate fall prevention. They tend to rotate during a shake and fall off, but all are on a 1/4" lag bolt in a stud with solid hangers that cant slip off. When we had the big earthquake a couple years ago, one did fall off, but luckily my kids play table broke the fall.

I need to make some adjustments with the bear rug, or toss it. They’re crammed in there have a couple euros in my officeas well. I need a bigger houseView attachment 248793
I don't think there is an adequate ram in that picture, every one is exceptional...

Having been on HT for about 20 years (holy crap!), I knew you killed some sheep. But to see it (apparently not all) on one wall is something else.

I wish you had enough room to have a moose wall. I will have to leave that to my imagination I guess.

Amazing Bambi!

Back