Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Foreign trophy processing problems

Got awesome photos thanks. My taxidermist is a friend who I have hunted with for many years. Very fortunate to have him do all my USA work.

Well, it gets sicker! The customs broker screwed up and didn't let customs know the stuff arrived (even though I kept hounding her to find the stuff). I got hooked $550 for warehouse storage fees. Grrr.
From the little I've seen of your taxidermy skills, I assume you considered the alternative of boiling the heads on your own and then shipping them.

So why didn't you do it yourself after the headache of the first trip?

From the little I've seen of your taxidermy skills, I assume you considered the alternative of boiling the heads on your own and then shipping them.

So why didn't you do it yourself after the headache of the first trip?
I go to Africa to hunt. The lodge doesn't have facilities to cook, clean, bleach, and crate up eight skulls and horns. Their business is hunting. Doing a cape buffalo euro mount is a major enterprise. The crate was 92 kgs shipping weight (Google it). 115x77x62 cm. Not something one can load up as checked baggage!

Reactions: JAG
I'm gonna back Ontario up here and say boiling and cleaning skulls is way too technical of a job for me to imagine doing it for multiple skulls away from home like that. Just not feasible.

Reactions: JAG
Back