Couple new ones back from Taxi

Bambistew

My taxidermist dropped off my 2019 and 2020 rams last week. We're both slow on getting things lined out, and after tannery lost one of my capes, I needed a replacement, so. I used my 2021 ram (with scar on his nose) for the lost cape. My guy is about to hang it up and retire, he's only here half the year anymore, and to be fair I think I'm about done with taxidermy so good timing. Left and right rams are the new ones. They turned out alright. I really missed sheep hunting this fall, and sure hope we don't have another terrible winter.

20221030_172953 (1).jpg

That my friend is a very impressive wall!
Thanks for the reminder. I need to check some and add appropriate fall prevention. They tend to rotate during a shake and fall off, but all are on a 1/4" lag bolt in a stud with solid hangers that cant slip off. When we had the big earthquake a couple years ago, one did fall off, but luckily my kids play table broke the fall.

I need to make some adjustments with the bear rug, or toss it. They’re crammed in there have a couple euros in my officeas well. I need a bigger house20221107_111410.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. I need to check some and add appropriate fall prevention. They tend to rotate during a shake and fall off, but all are on a 1/4" lag bolt in a stud with solid hangers that cant slip off. When we had the big earthquake a couple years ago, one did fall off, but luckily my kids play table broke the fall.

I need to make some adjustments with the bear rug, or toss it. They’re crammed in there have a couple euros in my officeas well. I need a bigger houseView attachment 248793
Sad part is that you're already looking at that wall and lamenting the good old days.

Terrific display Bambi...and that rug really Lebowski's the room together.

Seriously, impressive.

Reactions: trb
Hell of a collection! Did you miss hunting this fall because of area closures, @Bambistew?
Sheep numbers statewide are down 40-70%. Most all areas had either the lowest or near lowest harvest ever recorded. I passed on going due to intel on lack of sheep in my spot before the season opened. I may go next year on a camping trip just for something to do and set my standard with a 12yo ram. Doubt one even exists in the entire range, but it would be something to look forward to. I really missed mountains in August. 13 years straight without missing a year. I did get into some sheep mountains this year, but didn't even consider checking out the sheep I spotted. I'm pretty content with my success over the years, and if I never shoot another ram, I could live with it. I would like my kids to get a ram or 2. One more year wait for my oldest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back