Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Costco gas

Sitting in line for Costco gas the other day, asked myself the same ? I figured they were all coming to shop in the store, so gassing up was just part of their weekly Costco routine. BTW, they didn't have crumbled blue cheese or Kirkland guafinecin, which were the items I came for. Bastiges.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Google shows a 4% cash back for gas with s costco CC. That would be $1.80 on a 20 gallon purchase. The value of that is in the eye of the beholder
You are not wrong, 4% for gas, but it doesn't matter where you buy it for that. But you also get another 1% back on everything you spend at Costco for their membership perk, which is separate from the credit card, so some people are probably stuck on that. Most people are creatures of habit that are bad at math.

Edit: case and point, 4% of $20 is $ .80!

Costco is usually 10-20cents cheaper. I figure Sam’s is the same. Sometimes the line makes it not worth it. The nice part is the gas pumps open hours before the store so if I’m in the area I fill up with no line.

Filling last week at the local Costco was $0.40 cheaper than filling at the other gas stations. Add in the kickback from a Costco card and it becomes significant savings over the course of the year. Very rarely do I have to wait in line to fill at Costco here.

I don’t ever wait here. They have long hoses so I always go in the wrong side lane. Also lower price and kick backs.

Costco gas is always about $0.30 per gallon cheaper than anywhere else for us. When we are in the area, we get gas there.

What's the infatuation with Costco gas? Just drove by the one of of 85 in Englewood and the cars were 7 deep. What's that, a 30-40 minute wait? I'd get it if they were the cheapest has in town, but I passed 2 cheaper gas stations on the way. I'm becoming a curmudgeon, I don't wait for a table at a restaurant, I sure as hell ain't waiting for gas.
I believe per Costco policy it should be the cheapest gas within a certain number of miles. I was told they check all the other gas stations and make sure they are the lowest. I just get gas when I need it though. I don’t like waiting in that line.

I actually feel a little guilty if there's a line and someone pulls up behind me...36 gallon tank and I'm always on empty. Gonna be here a while buddy! 😅
I will stop if I am close to one and I am on empty... .20-.30 a gallon adds up when it takes 58 gallons to fill up. I don't go out of my way to get gas there.

1. It’s usually the cheapest in town.
2. The line goes fast. There’s no gas station to go wander around in blocking a pump.
3. One of my friends works for the company that maintains their pumps. They maintain their pumps to the highest level. Anything broken is fixed within hours (they must have a tech on site within 2 hours or they’re penalized). They actually change the fuel filters on schedule, which the vast majority of stations don’t (this is why they all pump high volume all the time…helping the line go fast).

The unfortunate part is you have a pretty high frequency of encountering impatient a-holes while waiting in the line.

Usually the cheapest around. And Costco is a mile from home so easy to stop in the morning on the way to work and no lines.

You are not wrong, 4% for gas, but it doesn't matter where you buy it for that. But you also get another 1% back on everything you spend at Costco for their membership perk, which is separate from the credit card, so some people are probably stuck on that. Most people are creatures of habit that are bad at math.

Edit: case in point, 4% of $20 is $ .80!
Being OCD about tire pressure and not romping the accelerator likely save you far more money than picking the cheapest station in town.

I mean I saved a ton of $ on an $8 apple pie the size of Rhode Island, I'll wait to save an extra $0.06 on gas while I'm stuffing $9 fresh pizza in my face. Admittedly, I usually shop at Costcos in MT and the lines are fairly short and the stores are on the edges of town and I don't want to have to drive any further into town to top off the tank. I have a 34 gallon tank so I'm usually the guy holding up the line.

Just looked at an app for gas. This is in central mn. Costco gas 2.59, stop n go an d GFI gas are the same. Everyone else is 2.65 -2.89. My truck has a 36 gallons tank, so it can make a difference on a tank full. But I wouldn't sit in line for a nickel's worth of difference.

Costco is Top Tier (includes additives and engine detergents) gas at prices equal or lower than non top tier.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genevamorman66
Back