Corona Saturday

How’d that snake work out? We tried to eat one about 30 years ago and it reminded me of trying to chew up a rubber band. Haven’t tried one since.

Those fish look awesome.

How about some specs on that snake?
Good haul. Fun times with the kids.
It’s a western diamond back, about 5 feet long. Pretty typical size we see down here. He only had about 8 rattles, they were broken off, normally a snake that size will have about a dozen. He cut the head off before he picked it up

Nice haul! Those will be some good memories. I've wanted to try eating some rattler, I've had people tell me it is great and others tell me it is awful.

Nice haul! Those will be some good memories. I've wanted to try eating some rattler, I've had people tell me it is great and others tell me it is awful.
We've tried rattler a couple of times and it was ok. We cooked it over the campfire and it was kind of dry, probably because it's so lean. The taste was not bad at all. I'm thinking next time we'll try deep frying it.

Try poaching your snakes in salted butter,helps with the lean dry/rubbery taste.
In aluminum foil,with butter over the fire tastes great also.💥

We've tried rattler a couple of times and it was ok. We cooked it over the campfire and it was kind of dry, probably because it's so lean. The taste was not bad at all. I'm thinking next time we'll try deep frying it.
It’s not bad deep fried...it’s not great either. Cooked several over a camp fire, the best I would call it is edible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back