Cooler trick

MT_elk

Milk jugs, water bottles (of varying sizes) work great also.

pabearhunter

I use 2 liter soda jugs and or gator aid bottles depending on what size cooler i take.

Coyotes-R-Us

IF ice is a must we will bring our small freezer and the Honda generator and just let her run all weekend. We also have a small "Dorm" fridge we use but we can only take one the generator is not big enough to rum them both. When your tent camping there is nothing better then sitting by an open fire and sipping an ice cold beer or pop at the end of a long hot day.:hump:

LCH

Milk jugs, water bottles (of varying sizes) work great also.

My kids drink a lot of apple juice. Those bottles are as tough as a Gatorade bottle, but larger sizes.

Another benefit is that you get a cold water supply as the ice melts..

Gr8bawana

Not a bad idea. But it seems like a lot of extra work to put in a false bottom when you could just make shorter tubes and lay them all the way across the bottom and they would keep your fish or meat off the bottom and out of any water. Plus the false bottom will take up even more room in the cooler.

MTGunner

I use box wine plastic bags filled 90% full and placed flat in my chest freezer. Cheap freezer bags and the red wine is pretty good too. Notice I did not say the box wine excellent. The filler spout can be remove, the bags cleaned and water poured into with little or no fuss. Then can be used in good cooler for many days. When thawed can be utilized for drink/coffee water. MTG

TimeOnTarget

I have about a dozen 32oz Gatorade bottle that I keep frozen. I also put the entire cooler in the freezer the night before I plan on leaving.

1_pointer

I have about a dozen 32oz Gatorade bottle that I keep frozen. I also put the entire cooler in the freezer the night before I plan on leaving.
While I generally don't have the space in my cooler to put the whole thing in the freezer, but I have found precooling the cooler is very helpful. I generally sacrifice a frozen bottle or two by putting them in the cooler the night before. I store my coolers in a yard barn, so they can be pretty warm to start with if I don't pre cool them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjentringer