Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Cooler Setup

We use a small deep freezer. Works great. Pre freeze milk jugs and at the end of a 7-8 day hunt, still somewhat frozen and always have fresh water.

I don’t know. We’ve been happy with them. Seems there are more options now and it might be worth shopping around

We picked both up on a sale, total price wasn’t terrible. Had them about 5-6 years or so.

After lifting a full 65 by myself, there is no way I’d want a 125.
I agree.
I have a yeti 65 and a pelican 70. Moving them empty is a pain. Often I wonder if I should try a 45 or 50…
That is camping/rving
I have a super large Colman I use for game/ hunting season.

Which is a roundabout way to ask- what ya using it for?

Never head of canyon coolers but I will look into them. Does the 125 stick out of your truck? I have a bed cover and I want it to be flush. Also, can you fit 4 elk quarters in that size cooler?
Fits under my tonneau cover (gmc truck). 1 cooler won’t fit 4 elk quarters. The 210 did and you’ll need 2- 125’s

I got a cabela’s brand 65 qt one year for Christmas, that holds all the ice, then my project team in Texas gave us a Yeti 210 as a going away present… that fits the meat. There’s no moving the cooler once it’s full, but plenty of room for everything when you need it.

I have a 120 & 150 Igloo super tuff. Keeps stuff frozen over a week cross-country if you aren't constantly opening the lid. I still don't understand why people pay so much for the roto-molded coolers? 🤷‍♂️

For elk I have a Yeti 50 that I stock with frozen jugs of water. Then I have an Igloo 150 (I think) that I pretty much leave empty until I shoot something. Then the quarters go in the big cooler and other meat goes in the smaller cooler. Most of the time it fits. For smaller animals I'll just bring the bigger cooler.

Started out with an RTIC 145, but I hated that it never would fit under my Tonneau cover. Used it for my oryx this year in NM and it fit the entire animal but had to put in the back seat of truck. But, I sold it to a friend and bought the Canyon Navigator 150. It fits perfectly under the cover and I am looking forward to filling it up this year. Love everything about the Canyon Navigator so far.
I have two of the soft coolers (RTIC 40 Soft Cooler) that I ordered and had delivered to MT, and then flew back (with meat) with them four years or so ago. They worked great.

I have the rtic 52qt ultra light. I beleive its injection molded and not roto which makes it much lighter and a bit cheaper but I have been very impressed. Has held ice with drinks and food for over 3 days sitting straight in the sun 95+ being opened multiple times. On last years hunt we used it for food and the eggs ended up freezing in there. Frozen food didn't thaw a bit in there the whole week.

Then I have a 150qt Colman that unfortunately went home empty last year, if I needed more space I'd take the food out the rtic.

I don’t know how low a Tonneau cover goes but this is the Canyon 125 in a 13’ Ram 2500.4FB9FB80-E9DE-4DC6-97D0-BE5FC20F8D1E.jpeg41256C3F-FA58-4566-8A17-109E3EABB181.jpeg

I have an RTIC 65 that was a Christmas present from the wife several years ago and a Kong 70 I got about 3 years ago at a great discount. They both perform well, but the Kong is just outstanding. Holds ice even better, has easy to use cam lock latches, comfy handle, big drain hole with a thread hose attachment and comes with a cutting board/divider....I also got the bottle biter opener. Even on my longest trips milk jugs have stayed mostly frozen. Between the 2 of them I have no problem fitting a whole elk with space.

I have the rtic 52qt ultra light. I beleive its injection molded and not roto which makes it much lighter and a bit cheaper but I have been very impressed. Has held ice with drinks and food for over 3 days sitting straight in the sun 95+ being opened multiple times. On last years hunt we used it for food and the eggs ended up freezing in there. Frozen food didn't thaw a bit in there the whole week.

Then I have a 150qt Colman that unfortunately went home empty last year, if I needed more space I'd take the food out the rtic.
I have the rtic 52 ulta light as well and have been very impressed. I keeps ice almost as long as my rtic 65 and weighs half as much and are fairly cheap.

Back