Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cool critter on my trap line

Shoots- I dont want to get into a debate about the grey area of the law but I cant find anywhere in the furbearer regulations about motion tracking devices (looked them over a few times but maybe I missed it). Im guessing you pulled the information from the big game regulations?? The camera was specifically set out to catch a picture of the wolverine, and funny enough these were the only three pictures i got. I will follow up with the FWP and let you know my findings.
I have followed up. Game wardens consider different things. One warden told me that if there's no commissioned season in the hunting district that had the camera, then it was good to go. It's up to the discretion of the warden I think.

Good luck on arguing the fact that your just looking for non game animals.

The coolest of critters. I really hope to run in to one of those buggers before my days are through.

Way cool pics, all legalities aside. I think if I had to pick my "dream" North American critter to harvest, a wolverine might just top the list.

Its definitely at the discretion of the warden... whether he writes a ticket or not... but there is NO WAY a judge is going to find you guilty... how can they PROVE you were "scouting" a "game animal"?? I have talked to several wardens about it. They all told me, if I find your camera on an active whitetail trail, or under your tree stand... or over a wallow... during elk or deer season... it doesn't matter how long you tell me you are just trying to get pics of a coyote... I will ticket you...

In this case, it seems so very clear you were not targeting a "game animal"...

Very cool pic. If you are near the Idaho border, Idaho is begging hunters and trappers for any pics and info on wolverines... Mt Bios would be interested as well.

I had a conversation with a warden yesterday and this very topic came up. His statement was essentially like what Horn Seeker just said. He said he would talk to the area warden, tell him what your plans are and ask him how he would interpret the situation. He said that it would be very difficult to prosecute a case where there wasn't clear intention of targeting a game animal during an open season for that animal. However, this warden has a very good reputation of exercising common sense. Not all may be like him.

They make beautiful mounts. Got this one a few years ago up below the artic circle. Caribou hunting sucked, but I found myself a different trophy.
Bill

picture.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back