Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Content Production - What and How to Present?

How about some content about where the money raised through these Super Tag raffles goes. I know GoHunt has one about Nevada's raffle but what about the other states?.

Once movement/meeting regulations allow, you could do some intro to handloading episodes with local folks that know what they're talking about. John Barsness comes to mind...maybe he has restrictions associated with his work but if not he'd be great. And just an hour or so up the road.

An episode on field shooting skills/practice would be great. You could do lots of that in house, or make a run up to visit with Pat S. and have him give some tips.

It might be nice to see an around the campfire type of episode. Stories of memorable hunts, how to plan what gear to take and just about anything you can think of that goes on around the campfire. I think some good stories would come up.

Happy to, when you respond with discussion rather than just going personal ;)
No you have to comment on evereything. go back and read th OP, just looking for suggestions. I don;t need yours from the peanut gallery

Your content is almost always 5 star and so tastefully done and work worth doing in many ways, keep doing what you have been. Know one knows what the world will be like come fall of 2020 its all a guess. However, my guess is your content will be excellent as in the past. I would watch the following along with content like in the past>
> cow elk hunt
> Trapping
> a habitat project or two or three
> show on CWD research
> Introducing youth to hunting

Personally, I think you should plan to hunt everywhere you had already planned to this fall.
Covid 19 isn’t going to last forever, and although everyone’s ability to hunt is probably going to be curtailed somewhat by financial constraints, I don’t think you producing your normal content is “ rubbing it in.”

Your videos are part inspirational, part entertainment. There’s very few people hunting as much as you even during the best of times so it makes quality content that reminds us of what’s available even more important in trying times.

I think a continuation of your focus on hunting with OTC tags or easy to draw tags is a great idea.

I think these points are outstanding - couldn't agree more. I would add that in addition to the videos being inspirational and entertaining, I also view them as instructional. Assuming that the SIL restrictions are lifted, it would be disappointing (at least for me) if you DIDN'T proceed with your hunts. As stated above, the COVID threat will abate at some point. I can't imagine that SIL restrictions will still be in place by fall (or at least I don't want to imagine that).

In the short term with limited travel I would focus on hunting whats available in and around Bozeman where you are located: Spring bear, elk, deer, turkeys, fall bear, upland birds, etc. You're right in the heart of virtually unlimited hunting opportunities. It'd be fun to have the Fresh Tracks crew all hunt and film solo. It would be part competition and part social distancing

Now long term planning.... some hunts for the self-guided public land hunter that I would like to see:

Late season (Dec/Jan) cow elk hunt on winter range in WY with an emphasis on keeping migration routes open.
Free range exotic (Nilgai, Oryx, Audad, Ibex) exploring the good/bad/ugly of non-native species vs invasive species.
Hawaii pigs, goats, sheep, and/or axis deer because the film crew needs a beach vacation.
California Blacktail Deer in July. As early as deer hunting seasons get in the US.
Alaska Haul Road Caribou from a vehicle with a roadside camp.
Merriam's Turkeys in MT with Hank Shaw as a guest making something delicious.
As much pronghorn footage as possible... because I love pronghorn.

Last edited:
How about an in-depth look into the fascinating life of a CPA?

giphy.gif

Big Fin, it feels funny calling you that. I just joined today after listening to your Colorado podcast where you talked about Huntalk. I don’t do forums so don’t know if this is even how to post. I did want to say I have followed you and OYOA for a long time. I am an RN who is being transferred within my hospital to open a new Covid ICU floor. I am counting on OYOA to continue to supply needed distractions from what I am told will be a living hell. Please keep content coming. Matthew Marvin RN, CCRN

Attachments

• EC731478-5197-4AAF-BDA5-E17D215BBFE6.jpeg
    EC731478-5197-4AAF-BDA5-E17D215BBFE6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
I like most of the suggestions so far. Cows, does, trapping, it’ll all be good. Could you guys have a solo hunter type season? Self filmed deal, the quality might not be there but it would still be kind of cool. Also I’m married to an accountant/cpa, I’m not fully confident people understand what it’s like talking to an accountant about accounting..
For what it’s worth I’ll watch whatever you guys put up. I watch the shows because everyone seems like good people, not arrogant turds. Good luck figuring something out.

Well I'll toss in the idea of maybe a little waterfowl content. Trapping as well

Also, some kind of hunt back in your hometown area (if we are at the point where travel is acceptable). That would be cool to see some northwoods public land content

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back