Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Congressman Amodei - (R) Nevada - Response to my Email - Call for Action for Nevadans

duck12ga

All,

I am new to the forum and this is my second post (introduction was first). I have been emailing Congressman Amodei to inform him of my disapproval of public land transfer. I have chosen to include his response.

He states, "I do not accept the premise Nevadans and municipal governments are incapable of being fair when deciding how best to administer land management decisions. I support federal land transfers that allow for Nevada public land to be placed back into local control rather than a Washington-centric federal agency-empowering those who are best suited to make decisions surrounding economic development." He position is clear.

The simple facts that Congressman Amodei does not seem to see that 1) local agencies have no money to manage these lands - capability is not the only issue; 2) this is not just a local issue - we have rights and legal precedence to access to public lands in other states as well; 3) he has a job to manage these lands well - somehow he wants to abdicate congressional authority to the states without doing his job; and, 4) most concerning, he sees this as primarily an economic issue.

For Nevadans, please feel free to use this response in your emails to Congressman Amodei. My name and date of his correspondence should be an adequate reference. Please be civil. The congressman was kind enough to respond and I would encourage respectful responses. Reasoned discourse lost is at the root of many problems in this country.

For all others, his statement above is the argument we must overcome.

Respectfully submitted,

Paul

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 10.40.56 AM.png

Thank you and welcome, Paul. Mr. Amodei has been added to my email contact list and will surely feel the heat before too long. Stay strong and keep fighting!

I would say respond and ask him how the State of Nevada would plan to pay for added budget of managing those lands. Of course it would be a good idea to remind him that the state already sold almost 2million acres of state land(93% of what was given at statehood) and why he thinks that the outcome would be any different if Nevada took control of the rest.

He is bought and paid for. Get some of your hunting buddies recruited to the cause and keep after him.

Thanks for your advocacy.

I have the same response from him in the e-mail he sent me and almost the same from Senator Heller.

I have the same response from him in the e-mail he sent me and almost the same from Senator Heller.

I think Heller might be more easily convinced.
You all take some NorNev votes away, he will be in trouble.

Get calls going, make sure Elko and Reno oppose him anytime he has meetings. Could be done w small groups.m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back