Component Availability

The 56 bucks was average of 2#+HAZMAT+shipping. If you only bought 1 pound it would be higher. The 15 bucks HAZMAT wouldn't be bad spread over more poundage.

The 56 bucks was average of 2#+HAZMAT+shipping. If you only bought 1 pound it would be higher. The 15 bucks HAZMAT wouldn't be bad spread over more poundage.
I almost pulled the trigger but for $56/lb I balked. If I could buy 5 lb maybe but i don't need it that bad.

Powder Valley has a few different Hodgdon and IMR powders right now. A few are 8 pounders of 4831SC and H335 and 1 pounders of IMR 4350. Looks like they had RL15 but that's gone.

The 4831 SC is the same powder as 4831 except SC is short cut for better metering. If you're weighing instead of volume charge it's not necessary to use the SC.

CCI Small rifle primers are in stock on Powder Valley. Can only get 1 brick though so it's $105 shipped. Depends on your desperation I guess!

Brownells has CCI small rifle now as well.

Last edited:
I saw an 8lb jug of RL26 for like $1400. It's tempting to dump one of mine so I can buy some of the basic parts for my 6GT build (currently only have a trigger:D) but I can't bring myself to be a scalper
If you have one to dump, make sure you're thinking of me to dump it on.

Well finally found me some rl17 4# for the low, low price of $276 to my door step.
I feel dirty now. Excuse me while I go cry in the shower.

I saw an 8lb jug of RL26 for like $1400. It's tempting to dump one of mine so I can buy some of the basic parts for my 6GT build (currently only have a trigger:D) but I can't bring myself to be a scalper
SHEESH and I thought $345 for a keg last summer was tough.

Back