Component Availability

Midsouth has superformance and H380 this morning.
I have been looking for RE 17 for the 300wsm I almost bought some superformance to try but tha hazard ship and tax was more than the powder.

Midsouth has superformance and H380 this morning.
I have been looking for RE 17 for the 300wsm I almost bought some superformance to try but tha hazard ship and tax was more than the powder.
Midsouth has quite a few powders available. Nothing I can use so I guess that's why they're available.

Midsouth has quite a few powders available. Nothing I can use so I guess that's why they're available.
Agreed but it seems like a good time to work up a load with powders that are available. I think h380 or superformance could be used in most cases. If you absolutely have to have retumbo, benchmark or 4831ssc you might be left without.

Agreed but it seems like a good time to work up a load with powders that are available. I think h380 or superformance could be used in most cases. If you absolutely have to have retumbo, benchmark or 4831ssc you might be left without.
What I could use is a decent 9mm powder for 115-147 gr bullet. I've been using Power Pistol and AA7.

I disagree. These threads have gotten me 5 different bullets and 2 powders. I would have gotten 5 different powders if it wasn't for a computer glitch on my end. I will agree that you have to hit the timing right.

When's the last time you've seen Alliant powder?
Anything RL15 through RL26?
I was looking at things yesterday and found a 5# jug of RL 19! Not for sale! Come to think of it I have a 5# jug of RL-26 too. Bought it by accident!

Forgot to mention. That jug is under my reloading bench! :)

Last edited:
Hodgdon seems to be the most available, almost daily, but are gone in minutes. I have picked up h4350 and varget, and seen LOTS of notifications come through for retumbo, h1000, 4831’s, etc. I have personally only seen alliant powders available a couple times in the past few months and I was never quick enough to get what I wanted. Ran out of rl17 so having to redo load development for my 300wsm with h4350. If I could score a jug of RL23 I think I’d be set on all my rifles for the next few years.

Hodgdon seems to be the most available, almost daily, but are gone in minutes. I have picked up h4350 and varget, and seen LOTS of notifications come through for retumbo, h1000, 4831’s, etc. I have personally only seen alliant powders available a couple times in the past few months and I was never quick enough to get what I wanted. Ran out of rl17 so having to redo load development for my 300wsm with h4350. If I could score a jug of RL23 I think I’d be set on all my rifles for the next few years.
Hodgdon has been more available recently, but ADI in Australia where it is made has been way behind on production. They were going through a major plant upgrade when the panic hit, so that compounded an already tough market. Many of their powders have not been available in the US at all until recently, but I’m really glad to see that a few boats have come from Oz lately.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back