Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado Wildfires and hunting

Elliot1987

Well, I can really pick the date and place to hunt. I manage to select a location every year where weather or the elements are way out of control. However, my problem is minuscule compared to what the residents of Colorado are dealing with. I am still going to ask the question though...

The two biggest fires in Colorado are kind of sandwiching in to where I have been planning my bear hunt that I want to start on 9/2. As of this morning one was 30 miles and the larger was 40 miles from the area I have been Escouting since February. What do you all think? Do I still go there if roads are open and the fires are contained. It may be some of the best bear hunting in the state if I stick with it... When this similar situation happened on 3 other hunts in different states, I just relocated my hunting focus and was successful, but they werent bear hunts. Yes, I said 3 other hunts.... 3 years in a row too, but I always look at it like my problem is very small compared to the residents. I want to provide support to the businesses in the area too if hunting is viable. They are going to be struggling worse than ever now! Thanks for your help on this and if anyone has been between Grand junction and glenwood springs wants to weigh in please do! I hope that the residents of colorado stay safe and they can recover after this.

A good place to start is if you can physically get to where you want to hunt.

That link will include road closures that currently includes a good portion of I-70. And just took a peek at the weather forecast for Grand Junction and the weather doesn't look like it's going to be helping matters anytime soon.

Pray for rain

That link will include road closures that currently includes a good portion of I-70. And just took a peek at the weather forecast for Grand Junction and the weather doesn't look like it's going to be helping matters anytime soon.

Pray for rain
It never seems to rain in Grand Junction. 60-100 degrees year round with next to no rain. Good peach growing weather :p

Pray for rain

Thanks for the link! It looks like I can still get there, but like you said there isnt much good news in the weather forecast. I hope everyone out there stays safe and I hope their homes and property can be saved. The more I look into this the less I care about my hunt and the more I pray for the citizens in these areas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back