Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado Unit 61 Elk Episode

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Many have been waiting for this hunt to go live on YouTube. Here it is.

[video=youtube_share;AyiVnVXkqn0]https://youtu.be/AyiVnVXkqn0[/video]

Contour lines on a topo map shouldn't look like a huge sharpie ran everything together. 45-70 degree climbing through scrub oak underbrush with elk parts on your back will test your mental fortitude.

Well told story gentlemen

Wow! Great episode, awesome story, and an amazing bull! I've been waiting for this since I heard y'all talking about it on the podcast.

My father in law shot a smaller bull first season last year in 61.... We didn't have to work near as hard lol. Horses are a godsend sometimes!

Had to be a gratifying ordeal, definitely up there with your best productions and content in my opinion.

My wife watched this episode on tv with me last night, normally she doesn't like hunting shoes just not her thing but she now gets why I subscribe to all things Randy puts out. She thought it was a very good show. She used to hunt but not the last few years as her sister played college basketball, maybe this year now that her sister isn't playing ball.

i watched this last night, this looked miserable to get out, But it was definitely one of the better episodes iv seen and iv seen ever. The oh shit mentality after you shot was priceless with the looks on your face.

Great show. You can see why so many people want this tag. When I first started applying for points 11 years ago, hunting 61 was my goal. Now I know I will never catch the point creep.

I really hope to have a similar story in the next couple years. I have been chasing 61 for a long time but believe my 19 points will get me really close in the ball park of drawing a tag.

Watched this episode yesterday and immediately forwarded it to my father and uncle. If they keep waiting for 76 early rifle, they may be too old to hunt.

Why is 66 not as desirable of a unit?

In every way? Pick any stat and 61 is better. Better trophy quality, better success rate, less private land etc etc etc. I've hunted both in archery and the two aren't comparable. Not that 66 is necessarily bad.

https://onyourownadventures.com/hun...ado-Bull-Story-(a-bunch-of-bull-about-a-Bull)

Can't have these newcomers miss the book that the movie was based on! See the post above for Randy's narrative. Fantastic episode and story, Randy and Marcus, well done. I've lost articles of clothing to the devil weed (oak brush) myself. I'll be up in 61 bear hunting in Sep then helping a buddy hopefully fill his elk tag after that. We'll have to try the antler in a tree thing!

Am Colorado resident and archery hunted 61 7 years ago. Got in a three ring rut party with around 30 bulls and 40 cows in a small meadow. The air was heavy with the smell of rutting bulls and it looked like a cattle round up because of the dust being kicked up by bulls fighting. After a 3 mile chase, tagged a nice 330 bull. And now, after putting in for the muzzle loader hybrid draw, and drawing, i have another hunt of a lifetime coming up. Twice in 61 in seven years. It is what everyone says it is, and then some. This year, 360 plus is the goal, and that is the only drawback. 300 -320 bulls are common. But for fun, being in elk every day, seeing, hearing, smelling...better stop, got myself riled up. 17 days

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back