Colorado: Stop the cruel and needless trophy hunting of mountain lions and bobcats!

Gah, what to say... It's a little odd that the video has a brief clip of a subdivision and notes habitat loss as one of the big issues, but then just turns to "trophy" hunting. Why don't they want to stop the habitat loss?!

CO is blue and getting bluer. It is a matter of time. Wolves are just the start. Local tradition, culture, individuality, hell even facts will not matter.
HD

CO is blue and getting bluer. It is a matter of time. Wolves are just the start. Local tradition, culture, individuality, hell even facts will not matter.
HD
I don’t think blue or red is really the issue.

I know plenty of people that might be “blue” because of one subset of beliefs and are cognizant of wildlife issues.

For instance, I know a bunch of people from my home county that voted no on wolf re-introduction that probably vote D on lots of things.

The two issues have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Conversely Boulder voted heavily in favor of wolves and has one of the lowest infant vaccination rates in the country. I don’t see that as a political leaning so far as a rejection of science.

The politicization of various subjects is what gets the country in trouble. We toss things into a red or blue bucket then don’t even think about them, and just assume that if a certain group of people have come to a conclusion it must be wrong without analyzing it for ourselves. I’m certainly guilty of this myself.

Republicans IMHO are right on a lot of issues, and Democrats are right on a host of others.

Easier read

" In response to a question from The Colorado Sun, governor’s spokeswoman Shelby Wieman said Polis “agrees with farmers and ranchers that the PAUSE ballot initiative would hurt Colorado and destroy jobs, and he opposes it.”"

We'll see if Polis or the general assembly have the guts to change this measure when it eventually passes...

Conversely Boulder voted heavily in favor of wolves and has one of the lowest infant vaccination rates in the country. I don’t see that as a political leaning so far as a rejection of science.

They lean heavily on their upper crust, well-educated laurels up there in Boulder, but this just proves they are a collection of massive hypocrites...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back