Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado ski partners wanted

This is seriously turning into a bow hunt.
5 days left on my contract and I feel like 100% rats ass.
Tested negative for covid last Tuesday, one day after developing symptoms.
Felt descent on Saturday and thought I might be getting better, but yesterday I couldn’t stop hacking.
Ended up getting a hotel room and popping some mucinex pm’s last night, slept pretty well, but hacked up like 5 tablespoons of nasty ass brown cottage cheese like phlegm this morning.
None of this would really be an issue if I wasn’t sleeping in my soft top jeep at like less than 20 degrees at night.
Don’t really want to develop pneumonia.

Anybody else about ready to be sweating their asses off on mountain bikes yet?

Must dig deep

-Dougs

View attachment 216171
Reminds me of the hotel in Hotdog

How much will the binding being mounted this far forward affect the performance of the ski?
I feel like the tails slide out more than I like.
Is it worth a remount?
880805E1-E2EA-49DB-AC2A-A88FCB342CD3.jpeg

How much will the binding being mounted this far forward affect the performance of the ski?
Is it worth a remount?
View attachment 260615
It’s been a while and skis were never my specialty but I don’t see that being the cause of the tails sliding more. That could be the shape of the ski or the sharpness of the edge over certain sections of your ski. @wllm might have a better answer but ran it by @cheesepizza who is a ski boot fitter.

It’s been a while and skis were never my specialty but I don’t see that being the cause of the tails sliding more. That could be the shape of the ski or the sharpness of the edge over certain sections of your ski. @wllm might have a better answer but ran it by @cheesepizza who is a ski boot fitter.
He agreed with my assessment

Is it worth a remount?
View attachment 260615

Kinda depends what you are going for as far as performance, race skis will be mounted back pretty far, mogul skis a bit further forward, park skis center or even true center.

Not really a right or a wrong as preference.

Gotta finish those turns man, and flex that ski.

Kinda depends what you are going for as far as performance, race skis will be mounted back pretty far, mogul skis a bit further forward, park skis center or even true center.

Not really a right or a wrong as preference.

Gotta finish those turns man, and flex that ski.
He agreed with my assessment

I really think I just want to be faster than @FoodFreak on the blues.
How much does length affect this.
My camox’s are 172.2’s mounted however far forward and my atris’s are 178’s mounted at recommended.
I feel way more stable at higher speed on the atris’s and get way more of what I assume to be the carving sensation when trying to lay into turns without the tails sliding out.

I guess I’m wondering if having the camox’s remounted at recommended position would have any noticeable affect on the carvability of the ski?

I’m also very lightly thinking about selling both sets of those and maybe just getting a longer camox resort ski as my one ski quiver.
But I don’t want to remount the skis if I’m gonna trade them in.
But I’m probably not gonna trade them in.
But a guy can dream.

I really think I just want to be faster than @FoodFreak on the blues.
How much does length affect this.
My camox’s are 172.2’s mounted however far forward and my atris’s are 178’s mounted at recommended.
I feel way more stable at higher speed on the atris’s and get way more of what I assume to be the carving sensation when trying to lay into turns without the tails sliding out.

I guess I’m wondering if having the camox’s remounted at recommended position would have any noticeable affect on the carvability of the ski?

I’m also very lightly thinking about selling both sets of those and maybe just getting a longer camox resort ski as my one ski quiver.
But I don’t want to remount the skis if I’m gonna trade them in.
But I’m probably not gonna trade them in.
But a guy can dream.
To be clear, I want to be faster than foodfreak on groomed blacks as well.
I didn’t end up at the home of the us ski team on accident.
I’m a racer at heart bros.

To be clear, I want to be faster than foodfreak on groomed blacks as well.
I didn’t end up at the home of the us ski team on accident.
I’m a racer at heart bros.
Then move those things back, put an aggressive uniform edge on those puppies, flex the sh!t out of those boots, and don’t let those shoulder get behind your boots!

Then move those things back, put an aggressive uniform edge on those puppies, flex the sh!t out of those boots, and don’t let those shoulder get behind your boots!
And invest in some good wax! If you’re in Denver I’ll make an exception and pull all my old tuning gear out for you. These days it just collects dust. I don’t get on the mountain much anymore.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back