Colorado ski partners wanted

This is seriously turning into a bow hunt.
5 days left on my contract and I feel like 100% rats ass.
Tested negative for covid last Tuesday, one day after developing symptoms.
Felt descent on Saturday and thought I might be getting better, but yesterday I couldn’t stop hacking.
Ended up getting a hotel room and popping some mucinex pm’s last night, slept pretty well, but hacked up like 5 tablespoons of nasty ass brown cottage cheese like phlegm this morning.
None of this would really be an issue if I wasn’t sleeping in my soft top jeep at like less than 20 degrees at night.
Don’t really want to develop pneumonia.

Anybody else about ready to be sweating their asses off on mountain bikes yet?

Must dig deep

-Dougs

A342AE72-7A07-40C1-B843-F1941CBDCA37.jpeg

“What’s happening Cains?”
Sob!!!
Van life baddie got me out of another free meal!
At least I got a cool pic of me out in front of this national historic landmark out of it.
And it was actual good food at a normal price in downtown Tulsa instead of the overpriced microwaveable meals all across summit county.
Time to go home and it’s gonna be grey for at least a couple more weeks 🌧 🌧 🌧
Cue the post vacation depression.
C23374E1-1297-492B-8655-07B6E528D32A.jpeg

Can’t believe it will be another 9 months until the next thread. Hope the Taos slush didn’t consume you sunday. Jayson asked if you really went up Kachina in those conditions.

Can’t believe it will be another 9 months until the next thread. Hope the Taos slush didn’t consume you sunday. Jayson asked if you really went up Kachina in those conditions.
1. Sorry I never responded to you text message. My phone has been acting weird and I just got it yesterday evening.
2. Not only did I not make it up Kachina, I didn’t even make it out of the parking lot. 🤦‍♂️
After getting inappropriately inebriated in front of your family and breathing in way to much of the smoke from that fire after being sick for a few days I was feeling pretty under the weather by the time I got up there. Lol
I sat in the parking lot for like 30 min trying to decide if I’d be able to get down a beer at the barvarian and after much debate I decided I couldnt do it so I cut my losses and headed for Taco Bell.
After getting a couple tacos in me I ended up driving back up the valley and trying to hike the Yerba canyon trail up to lobo peak but after about 2.5 miles somewhere around 10k ft the snow started to get pretty deep and slushy and I was post holing in my snowshoes and it just wasn’t worth it to me anymore so I turned back and made a rather carsick journey across that twisting and turning rt 64.
3. Thanks again for letting me crash your fire!
It was very nice meeting you and your family!
Definitely one of the highlights of the trip!

After getting inappropriately inebriated in front of your family
That’s impossible. Our roots are from Wisconsin and my future son-in-law is South African. The bar to ‘inappropriate’ levels of inebriation is really tall unless you’re prone to throwing things.

I sat in the parking lot for like 30 min trying to decide if I’d be able to get down a beer at the barvarian and after much debate I decided I couldnt do it so I cut my losses and headed for Taco Bell.
my empirical research has shown it is always possible to get a beer down at the Bavarian. Adding a pretzel is key.

You didn’t miss anything based on conditions Friday and Saturday. Taos is done for the year. It’s better that your last ‘22 season memory of Taos is 2 weeks prior when it was 18” deep sugar snow. That place is unbelievably great when they have those conditions. It’s equally non-great when it’s 60 degrees, all slop, and you have to dodge packs of shirtless Texas frat boys through the slush.

Should be an HT ski weekend next year. We can post it on ME’s Instagram.

In conclusion,
That was awesome.
I’d like to send a special thanks to @wllm1313 and @noharleyyet for encouraging positive deviance and helping me to step outside of my comfort zone, dance like nobody’s watching and experience new things.
I’d also like to thank @Wildabeast again for the free ski lesson and letting me crash at his place last year.
I never would’ve been able to ride with the 20 year old dab shack crew if I hadn’t spent that morning at DV chasing your crazy ass.
Sorry I wasn’t able to make it out this year, hopefully we can get some laps in next year.
Also, thanks to @cedahm for the brews and hospitality. Hopefully next year we’ll actually get to do some skiing. Lol
I’d also like to thank @milfhunter, @pisswizard69, @coloradodogfart, @nevadadogfart, @montanadogfart and @catdickbojangles over on new schoolers for all of their help.

Working as a lifty and living in a tent/passenger seat of your car for 3 months beats TF out of hauling seed corn for Monsanto across the Midwest all winter.
I hope I can save enough money and get rehired at the same mountain next year so I can do this again.
I really don’t think I can ever spend another winter alone in the kenworth isolation chamber hauling freight for 50-60hrs a week.
I didn’t have to square up with a single warehouse worker this winter and it was amazing.
Like I didn’t have a single mental breakdown or get f’d out of hours or days of my life for 3 months.
It was so amazing.
I’ve spent so much time in the past hating myself and feeling like a loser for never getting a college degree or real job, but if you would’ve told 14 year old douglasr that he’d be solo backpacking in the mountains, hunting western big game, ski bumming and working at a resort at 31 I would’ve been like
“I told y’all sorry assed teachers I was gonna send some licks with my life. Y’all can’t think outside of the box living in Mahomet Illinois sorry assed mf’s. Mrs Veronie.smh.
Sorry assed getting divorced at 25 years old ass. Take the L”

And my homies with the big person jobs clearing six figs with half million dollar homes and a wife and kids but you’re taking aderall and blood pressure medicine and literally can’t mtb 3 miles with no feet of elevation gain.
I love y’all and you’re prob doing it the right way, but gawd damn, different strokes for different folks I guess. 🤷‍♂️

But anyways, I’m just rambling a bunch of shit.
Thanks again to everyone on here and Randy Newberg for staring this online cult.
I wonder wtf I would’ve been doing with my life if I hadn’t created an account a few years ago?

And don’t get me wrong, I know I’m a very privileged and unbelievably lucky person to have been able to go on adventures like this.
Idk if it’s every gonna happen, but I’d still like to make mama proud and get one of those college degrees someday.
I mean, if Evan Raps can go from being a known member of C-crew and smoking blunts on camera to being a medical doctor surely I can at least get an associates.

But until then, I’ve been looking at cargo trailers online and trying to think about how I could keep a 9.5lbs tortie cat warm during the day while I’m operating one of the biggest lifts in North America, safely putting public on hill and providing an excellent guest experience.

I have no idea where I’m going from here or what my next adventure’s gonna be, but I can tell you it’s gonna be bigger.

There’s only one super human wllm.
Bwakaha bwakahahahaha

Respectfully,

-Dougs
#ski14ers

Oh yeah, Cody Towsend’s a total p word.
I did your job as vacation bro and I didn’t even have a go fast camper I just slept in the passenger seat cuz.
#played

Doug, you figured out at 30 what I didn’t figure out until after 50. The “American Dream” was created and marketed by the retail industry with one goal - making sure you feel like you HAVE to focus your life on making money. So you can give it to them. 🤷‍♂️ Good for you in figuring it out while your body is still up to the task of enjoying life vs. stuff. Send it!

Doug, you figured out at 30 what I didn’t figure out until after 50. The “American Dream” was created and marketed by the retail industry with one goal - making sure you feel like you HAVE to focus your life on making money. So you can give it to them. 🤷‍♂️ Good for you in figuring it out while your body is still up to the task of enjoying life vs. stuff. Send it!
I wish this was more true.
Have seen my gear? Lol

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back