Colorado ski partners wanted

185 Heads or atomic GS skis

Totally different ball of wax, it’s like a WRX v. Porsche

Oh and wax… that’s a whole can of worms, if you thought reloading got nerdy get ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s been a while and skis were never my specialty but I don’t see that being the cause of the tails sliding more. That could be the shape of the ski or the sharpness of the edge over certain sections of your ski. @wllm might have a better answer but ran it by @cheesepizza who is a ski boot fitter.
Guessing your tails skid in the 2nd half of the turn, from the fall line until time to turn the other direction. PM me if you want to discuss this in more depth.

Guessing your tails skid in the 2nd half of the turn, from the fall line until time to turn the other direction. PM me if you want to discuss this in more depth.
Not sure that’s the issue if he isn’t having the issue in the other set of skis. Noticing the difference in amount of tail slide or lack of performance would not be distinguishable for the average skier or snowboarder.

Not sure that’s the issue if he isn’t having the issue in the other set of skis. Noticing the difference in amount of tail slide or lack of performance would not be distinguishable for the average skier or snowboarder.
Maybe so, maybe not. As intermediate skiers progress, a very common challenge is the one I described above. Athletic, self taught skiers tend to initiate turning by twisting their body more and later in the turn, rather than guiding feet and legs through the duration of each turn. They don't notice that in better skiers unless they know to look for it, even then it is hard to spot and copy.

I’ve been skateboarding my whole life.. since before I could read… in fact after “the rugrats” opening titles I learned to read Transworld… I love to surf, skimboard, wakeboard, waterski, snowboard and anything aggressive in between. That said, this thread has been a real treat to read with some barge-life throw-bangers type slang I haven’t heard since my teenage years. Haha! Need to take you up on some skiing lessons Dougie Fresh!!??

When you’re feeling really immature and old af and out of shape and maybe a touch homesick but then Snapchat reminds you of where else you could be...
Ski mother )#$(*))@ ski!!!
View attachment 260798
Keep shreddin’ the gnar brosephus.

Speaking of Farmer City, I’ll probably head down that way to chase rabbits before seasons ends. I was gonna ask you to tag along, but I reckon you’re out west this winter chasing a different type of snow bunny. Do it while you can.

Recommended mount on the Camox is 2cm further forward than the Atris, so if you’re ahead of recommended, that’s even closer to center. Tails have a bit more taper on the Camox too, which is going to give a “looser” feel. Plus they’re light. And short. Get the longest, heaviest skis you can find and show those new school jabronis wassup.

Recommended mount on the Camox is 2cm further forward than the Atris, so if you’re ahead of recommended, that’s even closer to center. Tails have a bit more taper on the Camox too, which is going to give a “looser” feel. Plus they’re light. And short. Get the longest, heaviest skis you can find and show those new school jabronis wassup.
FWIW I'm on ON3P Woodsman 102's at 187cm this year (pow skis are 192cm, but haven't been up for an actual powder day in a few years). I'm 6' and 155lb, but am a pretty strong/aggressive skier. Both my sets of skis are mounted about 8cm rear of center and have tip and tail rocker, and the shovels have more taper than the tails. Shape is pretty similar to the Atris, and I think it's a sweet spot for a directional skier to ski hard without feeling locked into a turn by an unforgiving tail. I demo'd the Blizzard Bonafide last year and hated them - mounted too far back with flat, stiff tails; they'd rail tight turns, but felt like they couldn't open up into bigger turns without yanking you across the fall line.

TL DR @DouglasR if you're >150lb and average height, I'd think the 184.3 Atris would be a better fit for skiing fast and making big turns without washing out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back