Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado SB 22-031 Ban on Bobcat and Lion Hunting

so then who are we supposed to be mad at? the duly elected public servants, the people, the republicans? the deomocrats? the Commifornians? me? you?

is your only solution to the current state of affairs to hate kerry donovan?
Listen here buddy don’t be putting words in my mouth. Never said I hated her. But there is a trend in all this and if you choose to ignore that trend it’s on you.

Listen here buddy don’t be putting words in my mouth. Never said I hated her. But there is a trend in all this and if you choose to ignore that trend it’s on you.

i'm not your buddy, friend!

okay okay i really meant "mad" at kerry donovan. either way, not a solution.

i guess i'll start being angry at everything, pay more attention to the "trend" and that'll make all the problems go away

... man thought you were going to be my 'in' on a Wilderness elk hunt.

Honestly, we have some differences of opinion, but regardless of who is "correct" we are left with the current reality and the need to fight for hunting traditions.
Agree with you 100%. That’s what makes the world go round if we were the same it would be pretty boring. We have to figure out how to defeat this bullshit when it makes it on the ballot. I will throw money at it if that helps or do whatever I can. It directly effects my favorite pastime in winter I have to deal with the consequences. I think that’s why it upsets me so much.

I received a response from the office of Representative Amabile, one of the co sponsors of the bill. I'll call it a good sign, for now... as clearly, the issue at hand is apparently, in actuality, the more humane treatment of "big cats." Talk about a slippery slope...:

View attachment 209387

If anyone is curious what I said - and that’s not to say I was the magic guy who convinced her of course (this e-mail was specifically to the sponsors, my e-mail to the committee was slightly different):

View attachment 209388
Togie, Great email. Concise, factual, pointed, respectful! Our elected officials are people and I've always found what you demonstrated to be most effective and likely to get positive engagement about the issue.

The biologists I have interacted with on sheep counts, bear harvest data collections, fence removals, etc have a wealth of knowledge and care deeply about wildlife. One of them that I know well also volunteers with a non-profit conservation group when he's not in uniform. If you have an axe to grind, that's fine, but I personally have not seen any evidence of CPW biologists doing anything but a lot of hard work to manage our wildlife. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'm all ears. They are just people and I'm sure they aren't perfect, but your snide swipes at a whole cadre of tireless wildlife professionals are tiresome.
They might care, but lets at least be honest. CPW doesn't do anything that isn't revenue neutral and they are very open and upfront about that. That is the first thing they consider.

But this is legislation, so CPW has nothing to do with this bill.

Yes I have an axe to grind, but its with voters. If you vote for democrats, you can expect to get this kind of democrat stuff. Look at California if you don't believe me. Great wildlife management over there right? Well when folks vote the same way here, expect the same results here. I know that will upset people but it doesn't change the truth of the matter. And deep down they know its true. So I say to my fellow hunters on here that voted for democrats for state legislature, and Gov Polis with his animal rights activist husband, this bill and other anti-hunting bills to come are what you wanted and can expect

I plagiarized some of your email, Togie. Thanks for posting that. Hopefully this shiite dies in committee.
Based on what I heard in a meeting last night with about 50 folks from different conservation and sportsman's orgs, I think there's a chance of that if we keep the pressure on (insert respectful emails here). And I stand by my comment above. But it also sounds like there may be an onslaught of bills lined up this session if this one isn't overwhelmingly crushed. It sounds like Coloradoans for Responsible Wildlife Management will be the clearinghouse for strategy information and fundraising (there is a GoFundMe on their website now). You might also follow along with Howl for Wildlife, which has outreach tools to help you email and call sponsors of the bill.

Based on what I heard in a meeting last night with about 50 folks from different conservation and sportsman's orgs, I think there's a chance of that if we keep the pressure on (insert respectful emails here). And I stand by my comment above. But it also sounds like there may be an onslaught of bills lined up this session if this one isn't overwhelmingly crushed. It sounds like Coloradoans for Responsible Wildlife Management will be the clearinghouse for strategy information and fundraising (there is a GoFundMe on their website now). You might also follow along with Howl for Wildlife, which has outreach tools to help you email and call sponsors of the bill.
Predator swamping is a political phenomenon as well as biological. They blast out a bazillion crazy bills hoping some get missed. Thanks for those links!

I plagiarized some of your email, Togie. Thanks for posting that. Hopefully this shiite dies in committee.

as long as you fixed some of those run on sentences and splattered typos 😁

i have bad habits of not very carefully re reading my e-mails.

Just spoke with a staffer in Senator Donovan’s office. Voiced my concern and opposition to SB 22-031 along with logic supporting that position. She said it hasn’t been scheduled yet for committee so no further updates.

Despite the outcry and regardless of how overwhelming it is, the onslaught will continue. It's not just in the sportsmens world, but there is a concerted effort in the Ag world as well. In my opionin, they share the same linchpin. They are all driven at voter related initiatives as those can be passed here, as the wolf initiative is evidence of.

And this isn't just a CO issue, it's strategic and it's happening in several states.

As far as the Bio's go, yeah if you ask them a question they'll give you an "off the record" answer most of the time, but most official answers will fall in line with CPW upper management. At least that is my experience with some of the SE Region folks.

This is just another political probe/tactic. Divide and conquer is the name of the game. They’ll probe into areas that they think are weakest and have the least support. Once they get those stamped out then they move on to the next weakest. So they’ll start with lion hunting, then it’ll be bears, then sheep, once they get to whatever you wanna hunt it’ll be too late to turn back the tide. By that point the people who have already lost their rights to hunt what they want will be disillusioned to the point they won’t help fight back much. The only way to even remotely turn back the tide is to vote out anyone who supports these policies ASAP. Emails, phone calls, ect are fine but they aren’t votes. Politicians are always very receptive to hearing your concerns and act like they care. News flash they don’t, they care about 1 thing, votes. California didn’t plunge into insanity overnight.

If you think I’m off my rocker, read the communist manifesto. Not for any left/right political agenda, but as a political playbook/physiology book. In a lot of ways Marx just figured out human nature and how to weaponize it.

Ok seriousness over.

I mean I’d pay money to watch the uppity Starbucks latte sipping, Patagonia wearing, Subaru driver faint as a pack of wolves tears apart an elk calf.

@Cogreeny can set up shop in Estes like:197FA2F3-AB9B-4D85-8754-E973363178D8.jpegor2BD18D3A-EA1B-48F4-ADCC-16E264A215FB.jpeg

From that article it sounds like Sen Donovan is setting herself up to kill this bill without totally upsetting her fellow Dems. Hopefully the statewide publicity from this proposed bill will have some positive effect; showcase the blatant attacks by anti-hunters in Colo and motivate Colo hunters to get involved with advocacy.

From that article it sounds like Sen Donovan is setting herself up to kill this bill without totally upsetting her fellow Dems. Hopefully the statewide publicity from this proposed bill will have some positive effect; showcase the blatant attacks by anti-hunters in Colo and motivate Colo hunters to get involved with advocacy.

I agree. Her public statements about how this doesn’t line up with the way wildlife is meant to be managed (or something to that effect, I was half asleep when i read it) are quite reassuring to me.

I think this bill and the figures from that article regarding the massive amount of e mails and pushback (which is clearly having an effect) highlight the potential positives of social media and hunter recruitment.

Obviously this fight is just barely beginning though.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back