Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado Pronghorn

Thanks guys.

Bambi, I was using an old Model 70 XTR Featherweight in .270Win.

Justdada, the doe tag was from the "additional" list.

JB, the buck is 15 1/2" and grosses a hair over 80. Your wild-assed guess was damn close.;)

Pointer, getting out there with the backpack is fun. Although he was only 3/4 of a mile from the road, I left the bones in to make the pack back to the truck harder. Buzz would have been proud.;)

Buzz, I said there were no good goats where I was hunting. I stand corrected. There is still a hell of a good buck running around out there, but unfortunately he only has one horn. Couldn't see any sign of the other horn. Guess he put all his energy into that one horn, because it's over 16".

JB, the buck is 15 1/2" and grosses a hair over 80. Your wild-assed guess was damn close.

sometimes i get them right.
thirty days from now im changing my guess to...... 78". ;)

I think this buck is going on the wall. Hard to see in the pics, but he's got a split ear on the left that healed in a funny shape. If it were you, would you use the original cape and leave the ear? (I think I'm going to).

Bambistew should chime in on this ;)....he's been down this road.
i would stick with the split ear.

I drove to Pueblo, Co. to pick up my bass boat last weekend and saw a 16" buck a hundred yards off the freeway as well as about 50 other lopes. He was hangin' quite a ways from the rest of the herd. That is a nice buck you got. Congrats.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back