Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado OTC Elk partner

BT_NVhunter

Looking to find someone to do an OTC archery elk hunt in Colorado. I live in Northeast NV, have a pop up we can take as well as willing to drive. Hoping to find someone with a little experience but open to another newbie and maybe we go mess it up together so we have someone to blame our failures on when talking to our wives. I have a couple ideas on units I’m leaning towards, I am more apt to hunt a less dense herd to have less people to deal with but as I am new and have no idea totally open to discussion on that. I have memberships with Gohunt and OnX so can assist with any research needed for someone without those memberships. About me I’m probably the coolest person I know and super humble I’m in great shape willing to hike as far as anyone thinks they are capable of. Also was a compact medic 2 tours with 82nd airborne in Iraq have my paramedic license so I’m pretty handy in an emergency. Also I do not quit EVER I will carry you out on my back if I have to without a second thought. Other than that just want to thank you guys at hunt talk I’ve learned a ton from reading everyone’s threads new and old. Appreciate it.

Looking to find someone to do an OTC archery elk hunt in Colorado. I live in Northeast NV, have a pop up we can take as well as willing to drive. Hoping to find someone with a little experience but open to another newbie and maybe we go mess it up together so we have someone to blame our failures on when talking to our wives. I have a couple ideas on units I’m leaning towards, I am more apt to hunt a less dense herd to have less people to deal with but as I am new and have no idea totally open to discussion on that. I have memberships with Gohunt and OnX so can assist with any research needed for someone without those memberships. About me I’m probably the coolest person I know and super humble I’m in great shape willing to hike as far as anyone thinks they are capable of. Also was a compact medic 2 tours with 82nd airborne in Iraq have my paramedic license so I’m pretty handy in an emergency. Also I do not quit EVER I will carry you out on my back if I have to without a second thought. Other than that just want to thank you guys at hunt talk I’ve learned a ton from reading everyone’s threads new and old. Appreciate it.
When did you plan to hunt in Colorado? How much time will you have available?

Archery it’s open to discussion my plan was to arrive the 3rd and leave 11th but like I said not set in stone on my plans I’m even still trying to narrow my search of units

Whether you find a partner or not, just go! I used to solo hunt in Colorado until I met a guy at the trailhead one morning. He shot an elk the night before but couldn't find it. I helped him track it down that morning and now we hunt together.

I'm a Colorado resident so if you need some info on the units you're thinking on hunting, send me a PM.

Whether you find a partner or not, just go! I used to solo hunt in Colorado until I met a guy at the trailhead one morning. He shot an elk the night before but couldn't find it. I helped him track it down that morning and now we hunt together.

I'm a Colorado resident so if you need some info on the units you're thinking on hunting, send me a PM.
Thank you very much appreciate that I e gotten quite a few responses so I think I’m going to definitely have someone to go with

not me

Myself and another newbie elk hunter will be OTC archery hunting in Colorado in early September also(2nd-9th). This will be our first elk hunting trip. We are from Texas, I am a FF/EMT and my buddy is a FF/Paramedic. Our main goal is to take an elk back home, but are looking forward to getting into the back country and spending time in the woods to recharge our batteries. Have only deer and turkey hunted before, but we are excited to get into Elk country. Cant wait til i hear that first bugle.

Myself and another newbie elk hunter will be OTC archery hunting in Colorado in early September also(2nd-9th). This will be our first elk hunting trip. We are from Texas, I am a FF/EMT and my buddy is a FF/Paramedic. Our main goal is to take an elk back home, but are looking forward to getting into the back country and spending time in the woods to recharge our batteries. Have only deer and turkey hunted before, but we are excited to get into Elk country. Cant wait til i hear that first bugle.
Awesome to hear about your plans to come to CO! I'm a CO native and a volunteer firefighter for our local agencies and a former EMT-intermediate I-99 (let my license lapse as I haven't worked in EMS since 2018, oops).
Shoot me a DM, I'm willing to share some experiences and tips to help you be successful on your trip and even help out depending on the units you choose to hunt.

HI, I have been hunting elk for 4 years, this will be my 5th. All Archery and spiking out for 2-3 nights at a time. I have hunted CO all those years and made one 9 day trip to hunt Western Oregon. I too am interested in a hunt partner. I enjoy hunting solo but I know that for safety as well as using the caller/shooter method are the main benefits that I am looking for. I'm interested in talking with you or other hunters interested in talking, texting, emailing to see if we are a good fit.
I am not interested in only finding anybody to hunt with. It needs to be the right person. Lots of personalities out there and I am sure that my personality would need to fit with someone else.
If you are interested get back to me and lets start the conversation.

Thank you for your service

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back