Colorado OTC elk (and 3rd season deer)

Congratulations! Great hunt and great story. Those are definitely the ones you remember, and I think this will be one the viewers remember.

During my hunt I passed two big 4x4s fighting on the shoulder of the blacktop (BLM land, season open) during the middle of the day, and wound up taking a forkhorn in the backcountry on the 5th day.

This is why I watch the web site and the show. Thanks for sharing it all.

Big Fin,
Thanks for the story about endurance and "hangin' in there" until the bitter end. It will make a great show. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm pretty sure you have gone over the alloted time for posting a story with out any pictures to go along with your buck!

Not like you've been sidetracked or anything...

Just for you guys, I went out and dug the Pelican cases from the cargo trailer, found the camera, and uploaded this pic. :D

As you can see, a tall forkie, a wind burned face, late light, and a big smile. All the necessities for a good adventure.

IMG_0358.JPG

A few more pics.

Third day of the hunt at 10,800'. Snow would be too little too late.
IMG_0342.JPG

Snow came, and so did the wind. Time to get down off this windswept joint.
IMG_0353.JPG

Mason, the camera guy (not required to wear orange) looking to confirm that the buck I was watching was not a hallucination on my part. We set up on the buck by hiking over to the ridge he is glassing into. The buck then emerged down in the sage flat, then climbed up the ridge we are glassing from, out toward the end of this ridge. We then ran down the ridge we were set up on, back across the flat that has a fence line preventing a straight run, then back up this ridge, trying to catch him. The "Other buck" got shot down in the bottom of the drainage that is out of frame and way to the left of this pic, almost straight behind where Mason is standing.
IMG_0354-001.JPG

Good Job Fin, Looks like a good time. Elk will come next year!
Biggest forkie I have ever seen:) Hey isn't that a management buck, just doing your part.... again.

Last edited:
Sounds like a tough hunt

Just think, next year you can light up a victory doobee when you bag something :D

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back