colorado mule deer

tnctcb

hunterman and i were talking about doing a mule deer or muledeer/elk combo in colorado next fall.we really dont want to use a guide but not knowing the area it would be nice to hunt with someone on this board who could at least get us on to some good areas if not hunt with us the whole trip. we would get our own transportation and lodging but having someone with knowledge of the area would be a great start. thanks in advance.

tnctb,

Good morning, I live in Co. and have off and on for the last 15 years or so. A couple of questions. Do you have any points? Do you have any idea where you would like to hunt, what season? Send me an email and I will help you all I can. There are some good do it yourself areas on the western slope.

Hey tim,

I might be interested in that too/with my daughter.
Ive hunted white river, grand mesa whenimuchi wilderness area and uncompadries wilderness area. Grand mesa was the best in my opinion, unless they changed the tags they were general hunts

Delw

i am pretty much lost when it comes to units and drawing tags so i am looking for someone who knows an area. if you know an area already we could put in for that.

tnctcb, we are planning a hunt to Co. next fall. we go to a good place but there are a few people there also. I am trying to find a new place to take my son on his first elk hunt. we have been going to Craig, Co. a place called freeman "resivoir" just north of craig.

elkfarmer if you have room for 2 more in your party thats great, we dont have any ideas on where to go so any help would be helpful.

leet you have mail.

thanks to you guys who have been helpfull with information.i am going to alaska after blacktails in september so i wont be able to do colorado this year. you guys can keep sending me emails and we will try to plan it for next year if you still want to hunt with us.

Co. for deer and elk??? That does sounds like fun. We could posibly get a hunt talk hunt going like we did for the Wyoming hunt, that would be a blast don't you think???
Quick Draw

Back