Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado leftover list is out

Can you turn in a tag to CPW that is list A at there office and still be able to participate in the leftover day for a list A license?
Yes, if you are doing it in one transaction. I've done it in the past, anyway.

Yes, if you are doing it in one transaction. I've done it in the past, anyway.

So it would have to be a swap basically at the store. Probably not great odds of being able to get the tag I am after but worth a shot.

So it would have to be a swap basically at the store. Probably not great odds of being able to get the tag I am after but worth a shot.
In the past, you could return a license before close of business the day before, and still participate for list A tags on the day of, but given all that is happening, I'd call first.

There are several quality tags I've got my eye on, some that took 8 points to draw. Does the division of wildlife still call the next 5 in line with tags that took more than 4 or 5 points to draw? There are actually 12 different hunt codes I'm going to try for and if all gone by the time I actually get through then I'll just go OTC archery elk. Life's too short not to be in the mountains every fall.

Its beyond point creep at this point. There is just this monsterous gap in the points required for a unit.

For a NR, 1st rifle, you have this breakdown of 100% draw success in the 2020 draw:
1 point hunts = 19
2 point hunts = 6
3 point hunts = 1
4 point hunts = 2
5 point hunts = 3
6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 point hunts = ZERO
14 point hunts = 1
15 point hunts = 0
16 point hunts = 1
17 point hunts = 1
18,19,20,21,22 point hunts = ZERO
>23 point hunts = 9

Does anyone else see the massive problem here?
Did you pull this from the states PDFs? I'd love to do the same breakdown for resident/different seasons etc

There are several quality tags I've got my eye on, some that took 8 points to draw. Does the division of wildlife still call the next 5 in line with tags that took more than 4 or 5 points to draw? There are actually 12 different hunt codes I'm going to try for and if all gone by the time I actually get through then I'll just go OTC archery elk. Life's too short not to be in the mountains every fall.
I'd wait to buy the OTC tag until you get there, and watch the list. Lots of good tags get reissued after the first day, all through season really.

The CPW website mentions "Please note that you may enter a virtual "queue" prior to being able to enter the system to make your purchase. This queue helps keep the system running in an optimal manner. " does anyone know what this means, how to get in the queue but not get booted out of the login, and is it even a good idea to be in queue?

Yes. Clarification it’s 5 resident points, could be 4 R pts and 10 NRpts and it still goes to the list. I’m not sure how many they call five might be the number but there were tags that required more than 5pts that appeared on the list, albeit for approximately 90 seconds.

The CPW website mentions "Please note that you may enter a virtual "queue" prior to being able to enter the system to make your purchase. This queue helps keep the system running in an optimal manner. " does anyone know what this means, how to get in the queue but not get booted out of the login, and is it even a good idea to be in queue?

It just means that in order to keep the system from crashing they limit how many machines can be connected at once. So if you aren't in the first say 1000 computers to make a connection you will get a queue message and when the people in front of you complete their purchases you will be allowed to connect.

I've had the best results with patience, don't hit refresh just wait patiently.

Also I've only been successful 1 time getting a tag on leftover day and that was for a cow tag, with 100 on the list. I have gotten 2 good deer tags off the list by being persistent, watching and waiting for months for the tag I wanted to pop up.

Yes. Clarification it’s 5 resident points, could be 4 R pts and 10 NRpts and it still goes to the list. I’m not sure how many they call five might be the number but there were tags that required more than 5pts that appeared on the list, albeit for approximately 90 seconds.
it means you have about a 99% chance of not getting any tag that doesn't have 100's left on the list on "leftover" day. I always try never have succeeded

Grabbed an early rifle deer tag! One of the tags I tried for on leftover day and missed out on. About 2 hours from where I'm hunting in Wyoming. I should have at least 2 weeks to bounce back/forth and try to kill a couple bucks!

Grabbed an early rifle deer tag! One of the tags I tried for on leftover day and missed out on. About 2 hours from where I'm hunting in Wyoming. I should have at least 2 weeks to bounce back/forth and try to kill a couple bucks!
Nice that muzzy buck you got last year was great, excited to see what you turn up this year.

Reactions: LCH

Thief. :D

My dad was about 20 seconds too late, as he called me to confirm it was one of the tags he was looking for.

• Haha
Reactions: LCH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back