Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado Draw Extended

They’re owed all the way up to the deadline. If the CO site crashes before the deadline hits, it’s only right that they extend it. The deadline was 8pm, not “whatever time our website crashes”.

I was checking out when it crashed on me. It had been painfully slow the whole time. Yes it was last minute. Between being self-employed, wrangling a 2yr old and trying not to burden a pregnant wife, I was convinced that the app deadline was the 9th even though I had checked it repeatedly. It was only checking emails that day that I noticed the deadline was actually the 6th. I had picked hunt codes quite a bit earlier, but still wanted to do more research before I made things final. I had things in my cart and was doing last minute research on GoHunt plus asking a fellow HuntTalker before pulling the trigger. I was satisfied with my choices and in the checkout process when the site crashed. Could I have done all that a day or two before? Sure. Is it my fault that I had the wrong date in mind? Yep. Did I fail to meet the deadline? Nope. There I was, seconds away from completing my application before the deadline, and the site crashed.

Two years ago, I got in on AZ in time. A similar circumstance occurred. AZ extended the deadline, and at the time, I said it was the right thing to do, even though I was already in.
Bill just curious what was the time when you were checking out when it crashed?

This doesn’t give me a high degree of confidence in the new leftover system 🙄
Very anecdotal here. I participated in the turkey leftover day a few weeks back mostly to get a test drive for big game. No line to wait in, login was smooth, was able to get to my cart just wasn't the fastest apparently. My Buddy however snagged one. So it works!

Oh duh, I should know that, I've never actually looked at the bear overlays on their map 🤦‍♂️

I live in that strip, can confirm lots of bears and unfortunately lots of private land...

It's the fall bear concentration area layer. Essentially in my map I took the total bears killed in a unit, then intersected it to the fall concentration area. Basically saying most bears killed in any give unit were killed in the fall concentration area. Then I divided number of bears killed by total area of the fall concentration area in that unit.

So the color coding is bears per acre in fall concentration areas. The grey is the bear range layer. The breaks and my methodology are bit arbitrary hence the silly labels.

But as @Dinkshooter alluded to bears roam a great deal so you could run into one anywhere in the state.

Science...ish... anecdotally it's spot on with n=1
View attachment 180011

Very anecdotal here. I participated in the turkey leftover day a few weeks back mostly to get a test drive for big game. No line to wait in, login was smooth, was able to get to my cart just wasn't the fastest apparently. My Buddy however snagged one. So it works!
Where it really get's to be a dumpster fire is on reissue day where there are a bunch of tags that are 4pts for Residents and 6-8pt for NR.

For about 2 days afterwards FB is full of tears. Remember folks to reach out to the hunter in your life on Aug 11, they didn't get DM043O1R, even though there were 6 of them on the list and they even had it in their cart when the system crashed. Just give them a big hug, and listen to them rant about the CPW conspiracy against them, those guys need our support.

Where it really get's to be a dumpster fire is on reissue day where there are a bunch of tags that are 4pts for Residents and 6-8pt for NR.

For about 2 days afterwards FB is full of tears. Remember folks to reach out to the hunter in your life on Aug 11, they didn't get DM043O1R, even though there were 6 of them on the list and they even had it in their cart when the system crashed. Just give them a big hug, and listen to them rant about the CPW conspiracy against them, those guys need our support.
Just like the ad campaign said:

hoh1.png

Bill just curious what was the time when you were checking out when it crashed?
7:58. I could have checked out for almost an hour prior, but was trying to do some last minute research before I submitted. It came back up around ten or fifteen minutes later, and still showed everything in my cart, but gave me error messages every time I tried to check out.

Yes I understand the whole “be responsible, do it all before the last minute” thing BUT a deadline is a deadline. I have other responsibilities. I was still going to meet the deadline.

Since we’re throwing in voting analogies. You only have to in line by 7:00, how late it is when you vote doesn’t matter....unless you were in AZ and left the line when Fox called it.

Last edited:
7:58. I could have checked out for almost an hour prior, but was trying to do some last minute research before I submitted. I came back up around ten or fifteen minutes later, and still showed everything in my cart, but gave me error messages every time I tried to check out.

Yes I understand the whole “be responsible, do it all before the last minute” thing BUT a deadline is a deadline. I have other responsibilities. I was still going to meet the deadline.

Since we’re throwing in voting analogies. You only have to in line by 7:00, how late it is when you vote doesn’t matter....unless you were in AZ and left the line when Fox called it.
I do not understand the voting analogies people are throwing around.

Are we seriously trying to make applying for a sheep tag a D v. R thing? 🤦‍♂️

Also imagine the reverse crying if CO said after you submit your app you couldn't modify it (like MT) and then they decided to release quotas on April 5th.

(you're not making it political, just commenting on it, but a ton of people on social media are, I'm responding to them)

The site never crashed, they just needed to extend the deadline to try to drum up more revenue to pay for all those wolves. ;)

Back