Colorado Does

Summitthunting

My dad and I bought a couple of leftover doe tags for around Limon, CO and headed out Saturday morning. This was a primer for our buck ant. muzzleloader hunt in three weeks. We saw alot of antelope and were able get on alot of them. Unfortunately for me I had the worst day of shooting in 16 years. It was like I was 14 again and flock shooting at a herd of elk. I missed 7 shots on 4 does rangeing from 120-300yds. None of the shots were running (which I will not take). Needless to say I was disgusted with myself. I drove by a group that was 150 yds off the two track but I passed so I could go pick up my dad and bring him back hopeing he could get one. We stalked up on them and got within 70yds, my dad dumped his doe with one shot, so I grabbed his gun (I left mine in the truck) and finally got one at 150 yds. Even though the shooting was bad, I had alot of fun hunting with my dad. It would be hard to find a better hunting buddy. Shoot straight(er) than me.

Attachments

• Hunttalk.jpg
    Hunttalk.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 119
Sounds like a great hunt. Nothing like hunting with your dad...even as an adult! That hunting bond starts as a dad taking a kid hunting and grows. To me, that is the best part of your story.

Nothing kills confidence like missing one shot but 7??? Something must have knocked you scope off center since you connected with your fathers rifle.

Looks like a fun hunt. We all miss somtimes. Look at the bright side, now you have time to sight in and practice again before the buck hunt! Good luck on that hunt. Let us know how you do.

NICE!! There's some good eats there. My wife has requested that I shoot more pronghorn instead of deer or elk, but I'm still heading to CO the end of the month to chase elk anyway.

Oak- I saw your last target! Just wanted you to know that I wouldn't be buying the 'its the gun excuse' if you miss... ;)

My dad and I bought a couple of leftover doe tags for around Limon, CO and headed out Saturday morning. This was a primer for our buck ant. muzzleloader hunt in three weeks. We saw alot of antelope and were able get on alot of them. Unfortunately for me I had the worst day of shooting in 16 years. It was like I was 14 again and flock shooting at a herd of elk. I missed 7 shots on 4 does rangeing from 120-300yds. None of the shots were running (which I will not take). Needless to say I was disgusted with myself. I drove by a group that was 150 yds off the two track but I passed so I could go pick up my dad and bring him back hopeing he could get one. We stalked up on them and got within 70yds, my dad dumped his doe with one shot, so I grabbed his gun (I left mine in the truck) and finally got one at 150 yds. Even though the shooting was bad, I had alot of fun hunting with my dad. It would be hard to find a better hunting buddy. Shoot straight(er) than me.

He just had to show you how... again...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back