Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado Deer Hunt

Fishcarver

I just received the news that we received our landowner voucher for Colorado 3rd season deer in units 71/711. I could be more excited. This will be my first hunt in Colorado. I’ve heard that this can be a good hunt all depending on the weather. I would like to make a scouting trip down there before the hunt. When would be the best time to scout that area? We want to check the private land that we have permission on but we would also like to check on the surrounding public lands. Any help or past experiences that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is it a migration area? If so, going extremely early could produce nothing.

Hopefully that area doesn't catch on fire like the rest of the state.

Everything is almost packed up and im ready to hit the road over to Colorado for our deer hunt.Im a little nervous because we haven't been over to see the area before hand. Still excited to be out hunting still this time of year. How are the roads and weather looking over there? If anybody has any tip or pointers they would like to throw my way i would greatly appreciate it. I look forward to sending back a good report.

Warm and dry is the past and forecast weather. Roads shouldn't be a problem. I would recommend staying as long as you can and not getting discouraged if you're not seeing much. Easy to say. I have no experience in those units. Good luck.

Yeah the weather for 61 looks like archery season, not 3rd season. I'm headed out Sunday for the rest of the season, good luck.

I have hunted the area for about ten years. Public land is packed with hunters. Some places look like Texas migrated west. Private land voucher can be a good thing. I spoke to a loacal taxidermist. She said the weathers been warm and animals are still up high. If you can get maps of the area, two places you might look are Roaring Fork, and the Glade. Boggy Draw would be another, but that is public intermingled with private. I will be up there 3rd season also.

Thanks for the reply s. I have been wanting some weather to come in since September. Not surprising now that it is still hot and dry. Should be a good time never the less.

It always is a good time. Its been hot there before and we still managed to find deer, you just have to work a little harder.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back