Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado Bear Tag - Fix

AvidIndoorsman

Right now you can get 2+ bear tags in much of CO, yet the regulations are insanely complicated. Map shows what the current hunt codes look like.
Left over tags were on the Leftover and Re-issued list, not the secondary draw list.

Here is my solution.

3 Codes
Anything in green BE001O1R - A tag, Limited
Anything in white BE007O1R - A Tag, Limited
Anything in grey BE005O1R - B tag, OTC Unlimited

Tags are good Sept 2- Nov 22, East of I-25
West of I-25 Sept. 2–30 Oct. 10–14, Oct. 24–Nov. 1, Nov. 7–13, Nov. 18–22
1596140038542.png

This map shows my thinking, grey areas you can kill 3 bears a year that's a bucket, green are 2 bears a year but it's limited draw another bucket, white are 1 bear a year. I my thinking is that green units are probably units where people are getting a bear tag in addition to their glory tag, maybe I'm miss understanding here, but I doubt there will be a ton of clustering where if you give all of green a shared quota there will be a huge spike in hunters in unit 61 because people are using the quota that it got from unit 49. As is evident there were leftover bear tags in many of the green units, plus they allow you to kill 2 bears a year so it can't be that big a issue. ( I think a few of the green units could be pulled into 007)

White areas have A tags there are actually 8 units between all of the white currently. I think they could easily be combined.

*Leftover tags were on the Leftover and Re-issued list, not the secondary draw list.
1596142988803.png

Last edited:
Right now you can get 2+ bear tags in much of CO, yet the regulations are insanely complicated. Map shows what the current hunt codes look like.
Left over tags were on the Leftover and Re-issued list, not the secondary draw list.

Here is my solution.

3 Codes

View attachment 148680

I have no vested interest in this currently, but I will vote for you whenever you run for anything.

CPW's reasoning is always "to discourage poaching" especially party hunting.

I personally feels poachers gonna poach, stop making things so difficult on legal hunters.

CPW's reasoning is always "to discourage poaching" especially party hunting.

I personally feels poachers gonna poach, stop making things so difficult on legal hunters.

I don't disagree, but I don't think my proposal has any effect on that. I'm not sure how anything in my system is different than the current regs. It's just more efficient.

You can already have a rifle bear tag and an archery elk tag in your pocket for most of the state.

I don't disagree, but I don't think my proposal has any effect on that. I'm not sure how anything in my system is different than the current regs. It's just more efficient.

You can already have a rifle bear tag and an archery elk tag in your pocket for most of the state.

This is the part in conflict with current regs. It's the crazy "concurrent license" requirement. I'm not saying their logic for it is sound, just saying what I've been told in the past. They don't want you rifle hunting bear during a rifle elk/deer season without an elk/deer tag.

Last edited:
This is the part in conflict with current regs. It's the crazy "concurrent license" requirement. I'm not saying their logic for it is sound, just saying what I've been told in the past. They don't want you rifle hunting bear during a rifle elk/deer season without an elk/deer tag.

They got rid of the concurrent license requirement this year so you can hunt any unit in the state for bear with a rifle during September, either via a limited license or OTC.

1596135945032.png

Here is my solution.

3 Codes

View attachment 148708

This map shows my thinking, grey areas you can kill 3 bears a year that's a bucket, green are 2 bears a year but it's limited draw another bucket, white are 1 bear a year. I my thinking is that green units are probably units where people are getting a bear tag in addition to their glory tag, maybe I'm miss understanding here, but I doubt there will be a ton of clustering where if you give all of green a shared quota there will be a huge spike in hunters in unit 61 because people are using the quota that it got from unit 49. As is evident there were leftover bear tags in many of the green units, plus they allow you to kill 2 bears a year so it can't be that big a issue. ( I think a few of the green units could be pulled into 007)

White areas have A tags there are actually 8 units between all of the white currently. I think they could easily be combined.

*Leftover tags were on the Leftover and Re-issued list, not the secondary draw list.
View attachment 148711

Good God man, how bored are you over there in Boston? Don't get me wrong, I love your brainstorming here, but seeing the time and effort you put into these unit maps I feel like an intervention may be needed :LOL:

Good God man, how bored are you over there in Boston? Don't get me wrong, I love your brainstorming here, but seeing the time and effort you put into these unit maps I feel like an intervention may be needed :LOL:
F99DFF04-218F-45C1-8D9A-94C57D3F72D6.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back