Colorado archery elk

Well they did dropped 80/81 for archery also dropped unit 214/14 for archery cow elk tag. You can still hunt both units on either sex elk tag. Unit 82 used to be public land tag archery only and that been dropped. 80/81 are now draw tags.

Last edited:
Instead of picking a specific unit, I would pick an area with a few otc units. This way you can have multiple plans abcdef and not have to drive all over the state to change spots. Stay mobile.
i was gonna wait will around mid august to see the area i wanted to go to. I have a military buddy that is from colorado so him and i will be looking at movement reports and where the herds are at.

i was gonna wait will around mid august to see the area i wanted to go to. I have a military buddy that is from colorado so him and i will be looking at movement reports and where the herds are at.
Im a Vet as well, (USAF) dont judge me. I live outside of Denver. This will be my 3rd season i've hunted Units 12/521, got lucky on a unit 12 draw with 0 points last year. Hunting OTC this year like i did 2 years ago. If you are looking for someone to wonder the woods with let me know, i am solo this year as well because my buddy got picked up for OTS. Maybe we can make something happen or just bounce ideas off each other. Last year i did 2 5-day backpacking hunt trips and it was an absolute blast. Came to full draw 2 different times but couldn't make it happen.

Is it really that difficult to read the regulations book? If that seems like too much work then I can’t help.
some of us unfortunates were born with espergers or dyslexia and find reading and understanding all the double dutch thats written by regulators very heavy going

Im a Vet as well, (USAF) dont judge me. I live outside of Denver. This will be my 3rd season i've hunted Units 12/521, got lucky on a unit 12 draw with 0 points last year. Hunting OTC this year like i did 2 years ago. If you are looking for someone to wonder the woods with let me know, i am solo this year as well because my buddy got picked up for OTS. Maybe we can make something happen or just bounce ideas off each other. Last year i did 2 5-day backpacking hunt trips and it was an absolute blast. Came to full draw 2 different times but couldn't make it happen.
I think that’s a great idea! i’ll have to bring some good chairs so you can be more comfortable if we share a hunt, haha i’m kidding. but if you’d like i could give you my facebook and we could go from there. i appreciate the offer and look forward to talking some more!

Im a Texas resident and i will be taking my first every elk hunt this September with a bow hopefully. i've researched over the counter either sex tags but still a little confused on the units for Colorado or were to hunt per unit or how i would purchase a certain unit. Also ive been researching some of the must needed gear most people use for a solo elk hunt. Any information on the purchasing of tags and units or a gear list for a solo archery hunt would be greatly appreciated! Ive been dreaming of his hunt since i was a little kid and im finally being able to take it after 4 years being over seas in the military. Thank you all in advance!!
As far as scoping out a new hunting area, I think that while E scouting has merit, a person needs to consider a couple things. One, the country usually is really bigger and tougher than it looks on Google Earth. Also, the size of the trailhead parking lot is often a giveaway as to how much traffic that area is getting. In the Summer months, backcountry users can really pound pretty areas or areas that are convenient for the public to get to. So, it can look fabulous online, and yet there's no game around because people have been coming and going daily for months.

As far as scoping out a new hunting area, I think that while E scouting has merit, a person needs to consider a couple things. One, the country usually is really bigger and tougher than it looks on Google Earth. Also, the size of the trailhead parking lot is often a giveaway as to how much traffic that area is getting. In the Summer months, backcountry users can really pound pretty areas or areas that are convenient for the public to get to. So, it can look fabulous online, and yet there's no game around because people have been coming and going daily for months.
i went spent a little time this past december on a family trip looking around by myself kinda scouting. decided not to go skiing with the family and go off my myself lol. but i’ve got military buddy that’s gonna do some scouting this summer as well for me. i wish i could make it down there this summer to do some scouting myself but my boss hates me.

I think that’s a great idea! i’ll have to bring some good chairs so you can be more comfortable if we share a hunt, haha i’m kidding. but if you’d like i could give you my facebook and we could go from there. i appreciate the offer and look forward to talking some more!
hahaha, that works for me, shoot me a PM!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back