Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

COLLEGE Football Is Almost Upon Us

don't mean to bring everyone's "hope and change" to a halt, but........

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nick-s...-really-a-good-reason-to-leave-035716519.html

For Nick Saban, the annual college football coaching carousel has left him exactly where he always said it would … at the University of Alabama.

Saban and the school agreed to a new contract Friday night, after a week of breathless speculation and even at least one sort-of media report that he would succeed Mack Brown as the head coach at Texas. Brown, it turns out, is still on the job and may remain there.

Texas had little to do with this, however. Saban, who just finished his seventh season with the Tide, was never really going anywhere. At most, his agent used the buzz about the Longhorns for a slightly richer deal than the one Alabama was already going to give him. He reportedly will go from $5.6 million per year to more than $7 million. That's about it.

"Quite frankly," Saban said back in September when the Texas talk began, "I'm just too darn old to start over somewhere else."

Once again Mother Texas makes a rich man richer. I suspect Mack will get a few more million also, but it'll be severance pay coz he's....

....finished.;)

PS....
“All the money that’s not under the Vatican is at UT,” McCombs said

...dick move.

wyoming556's "friend" he needs to visit, with the comfy couch, should be able to help you answer that question.

The help he needs is beyond my skill set.

What skill set? You work for the government, clearly you have no skills or you would be able to get a real job in the real world instead of taking a paycheck made from money borrowed from China and people who actually work real jobs and pay taxes to fund your lifestyle. That is what I love about you. You think you know everything and that everyone else is dumb and in reality you are just another worthless overpaid government employee who would never make it in the real world because you would actually have to work and be productive.

Why are you trying to paint us all with the same 6-year-old brush?

Because Buzz could not handle it when the huge rape scandal hit Missoula (rape capitol of America) and the university of Montana. Ever since I brought it up he has tried to change the subject and bash me for talking about what is likely the biggest sex scandal to ever hit a university. Do some research and you will find it to be much worse than even the Penn St abuse.

Its a pathetic response to show article about 1 guy getting sentenced in Oklahoma compared to a huge scandal that included a DOJ investigation and the coach and AD being fired along with the city DA's office and Police department changing they way they do business.

Buzz first acted like he did not care but then the truth came out and he was clearly upset and embarrassed by what happened. Now he tries to change the subject if it is ever brought up.

"another worthless overpaid government employee"

careful. my wife is a government employee and she is far from worthless, and she is definitely NOT overpaid.

Yes, back to football...I've been watching Texas High School state championship games since Thursday.

...refreshing to watch. THE UT is getting a special athlete in Jerrod Heard, QB for back to back 4A Champs Denton Guyer. Two good games on today also.

As for football curious to see what comes out of the allegations that Tosh Lupoi funneled some cash to a recruit for tutoring then kicked him to the curb when the kid didn't make grades. The accuser sounds like he is eating a few sour grapes so it will be interesting to see what the NCAA says when it's all said and done.

Speaking of which it should be really interesting given their (NCAA) inconsistency in assessing penalties. Further another layer of fun is the new rules that state any punishment could follow Sark to USC and Lupoi to wherever he might go.

Back to football.....how bout them Bison's !?!?!

The bison are very good. Perhaps the greatest fcs tam of all time. I believe this team is a legitimate top 20... Any level.

Hopefully we get a second chance at Eastern Washington as these seniors lost to them in the playoffs in 2010, their last road loss.

Yes, back to football...I've been watching Texas High School state championship games since Thursday.

...refreshing to watch. THE UT is getting a special athlete in Jerrod Heard, QB for back to back 4A Champs Denton Guyer. Two good games on today also.

Hope he works out better than the Denton Guyer QB that Okie State got in J.W. Walsh. One of the most inconsistent passers I have seen. A good running QB but a week arm and inconsistent in his ability to make split second decisions during game play.

Amazing the things that cross your mind while setting around watching football and drankin beer....

So how come the NCAA has no objection to a team name and mascot that dances around in native dress whose culture was totally destroyed by Western Europeans when that culture was indigenous American----yep, talking about the San Diego St "Aztecs"--- but objected to Fighting Sioux when the name at least recognized the Sioux fought to preserve their culture?

And then there is that really great Div !! team, the "Bisons" of NDSt.....why is "BISON" not objectionable to Native Americans??? Destroying Bison thereby destroying Plains Indian culture was policy of US Government.......one would think that that would really get culture preservationists upset.....oh, well, time for another beer .....and go down Seminoles!

The NCAA allowed some schools to keep such nicknames provided they received tribal support. But in the University of North Dakota's case, the Spirit Lake Sioux tribe endorsed using the nickname and logo, but The Standing Rock Sioux's tribal council didn't. The university sued the NCAA, which eventually led to the settlement agreement.

Blame it on the Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council.

Let us see, WYO.....ummmm, I believe you used the real UT sorry team getting whipped by ORE at beginning of season to down grade the SEC.....what does ORE beat down at end of season of the other UT say about the big XII ????

The UT looked hapless last night...the UT of the future won't.

Was it me or did Swoopes look like he was wearing cement cleats? I hope it was nerves coz he looked slow and indecisive. C'mon Jerrod Heard.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back