CO Mule Deer 2013

BuzzH

Havent had time to post up my Colorado deer hunt until today. Been busy trying to catch up on some work stuff, etc.

First off, thanks to Dinkshooter for providing some intel on the unit, etc.

I couldnt make the first couple days of the hunt, but got to the spot Monday evening and set up camp.

Hunted pretty hard the next 5-6 days saw good deer numbers considering the weather was pretty nice...for sun tanning. Saw quite a few elk, including a few OK bulls.

One evening I glassed up two of these, and managed to get some crummy pictures through the spotter:

DSC00017.JPG

Saturday at 1:40 in the afternoon, I happened to glass a brushy slope about a mile off, in the blaring sun, and saw a buck standing to stretch. It bedded within a couple minutes. I made a long stalk that ended up taking 3 hours as I didnt want to blow this opportunity with only one more day left in the hunt. When I finally got to the spot he was bedded I was 131 yards away and could see the tops of his antlers above the brush. After a fairly long wait, he stood up to stretch again. One shot with the 7-08 and my hunt was over.

I'm pleased with how the hunt went and I'm also very happy with this buck. Saw lots of neat country, quite a bit of game, and basically just had a great time!

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00042.JPG

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back