Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CO GMU 74 first timers.

Schwanzman89

So, my old man and I are heading into CO GMU 74 with our bows in mid-late September. I am just looking for advice on all things archery elk. I have and will be doing more of my own research. But I was hoping to hear from some real folks. What should I be looking for when e-scouting? I like the way the Hermosa Creek Wilderness looks, but again, I am new to this. What do you guys do for water when camping out? What kind of high and low temps should we expect (taking altitude into account of course)? We do a lot of hunting in western NE and here at home in MN, so we are accustomed to putting miles on our boots. Do most of you camp low and hunt up in the mornings and then down in the evenings to play the thermals? Any and all comments are appreciated! Thank you!

Have your cardio training dialed all the way up! Your lungs need to work in order for your legs to....be prepared for any temps- T-Shirt to snow-----its the rockies after all.
You'll generally need to get away from roads to get into the elk and the country can be nasty steep. Often climbing is required in 8000-11000 elevations. Best of luck!

I know nothing about that unit but am also from Mn and I thought I was in shape my first year hunting until we spent 6 days hunting beetle kill at 9,000-11,000 feet, it was brutal but also the best hunting experience of my life and have gone back every year since. Bottom line is get your lungs in shape and have fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back