Clothing Optional

mrbluesky

I have Sitka gear since about 2013 or so that I used archery hunting in Idaho. Honestly that's the last time I bought camo gear. I moved to Indiana in 2017 and haven't hunted since. Hunting in Indiana where I can shoot a deer on any given day off my patio isn't the same as hunting Elk on public land in Idaho. Why I moved is a long story that I won't share now. I'm going back west late fall this year for an Elk hunt and am looking at getting some warmer clothes. And I'm going to Alaska in May of 2024 for a big bear hunt. I'm looking for something warm yet lightweight. From what I see, there's Sitka, KUIU, First Lite and others. Anyone care to share their preference and why. I learned a long time ago buying cheap doesn't necessarily mean saving money. I want quality gear that will withstand the elements and be lightweight. Thanks for your assistance.

My honest opinion is that camo is overrated (unless you're using a bow to hunt). For rifle season, I just wear earthy tones from various brands.
If I were to use camo, it'd probably be KUIU.

I have Kuiu and FL. My friend turned me on to Kuiu before everyone really knew about it. I prefer Kuiu over FL because it is more durable. FL merino is more comfortable but again is less durable. I can't speak on Sitka but there are a few pieces that I am considering if I can find them at a good price. I pretty much use my FL for here in Indiana.

I've hunted in blue jeans, and flannel, many years. Took many critters.
Nowadays with so many options, and more personal income, I take em in some cool gear!

If you’re going through thick and heavy stuff, I’d avoid First Lite. Go with Kuiu or Sitka as they’re better investments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back