Yeti GOBOX Collection

Chukars

WD,

Went out for a training with our new GWP 5mo. and 3 yr. old GSP. We had soaking rains this weekend and don't like to hunt in it. New pup pointed some pigeons and retrieved like a champ. The GSP was awesome on point and retrieve. She was made noise shy as a pup from my son's friend by a firecracker. If we can get her over the noise prob she will be an outstanding dog. I have high hopes for the the GWP too. If I can figure out how to post some of today's pics , I'll get them loaded up. Any thoughts?

Mic

Handsome dog Britt!

I had GSP's for 11 years, and lived in Southern ID and Northern NV. Loved the solitude of chukar hunting with my dogs.

Sierra,

I had a GSP pup that was gun-shy as a pup.

The easy fix was the wing on the fishing rod. She loved it, and did it on a daily basis, as part of the routine.

I slowly introduced gunfire, starting with a kid's cap gun. Over a couple weeks, cap gun = wing = fun. We graduated to .22 blanks, then to shotgun blasts.

T Bone,

Great advice. I have been using the Master voice gun shy training cds with her so far .I will give your method a try as I just had her in the field with planted birds last week. Grat finding , pointing, and retrieving by her and my GWP pup.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back