Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE Press Conference 2-4-19 very interesting

I was just gonna share this. You can skip to the 6:20 minute mark.

Has there ever been a treatment for ANY prion disease in anything? I have never heard of one.

The researcher in question has been touting this hypothesis for decades. However, other researchers have been trying and failing for decades to reliably replicate his results, and time and again other studies have actually found the opposite so far- no demonstrable link between TSE’s and Spiroplasma. But every few years this hypothesis gets trotted out yet again, usually coupled with some sort of solicitation for donations to fund additional work. If there was really something to this, I would think this guy would be able to compete for all the grant funds he would ever need without resorting to crowd-sourced funding and donations to keep his project going. This appears to be the same old news in new packaging. Count me as Skeptical with a capital S.

Brent- no. No treatment for any TSE currently exists.

My first thought was "kitchen cold fusion". But I suppose "show me" is a nicer way of pointing that out.

A critical component in developing a vaccine is the fact that the disease is actually caused by a previously unknown bacteria, the prions are a symptom.

Yes, skeptical as in Missouri-style, "SHOW ME."

Agreed, the other question I have is who is going to pay for the use of this vaccination? It would be great to have a cure for CWD and to have healthy game for generations to come. But I want to see it work first.

Last edited:
The researcher in question has been touting this hypothesis for decades. However, other researchers have been trying and failing for decades to reliably replicate his results, and time and again other studies have actually found the opposite so far- no demonstrable link between TSE’s and Spiroplasma. But every few years this hypothesis gets trotted out yet again, usually coupled with some sort of solicitation for donations to fund additional work. If there was really something to this, I would think this guy would be able to compete for all the grant funds he would ever need without resorting to crowd-sourced funding and donations to keep his project going. This appears to be the same old news in new packaging. Count me as Skeptical with a capital S.

Brent- no. No treatment for any TSE currently exists.

Couldnt have said it any better. End of Thread

The more research, the more to be known. Huge interest adds to misinformation. Catch 22.
It's a challenge every Joe and Jane Hunter faces. What is real and what is b.s.?

A cure? Would be nice. A vaccine? Would be great particularly for the game farms.

A field test kit?
I would be very interested in a kit of this sort. Price point would be a big player though. Currently, in Montana, it takes about three weeks to receive the results of testing through FWP.
That is a major challenge when faced with processing by an individual or by a processor. The challenge faced by processors; going through tons of deer, elk, moose each year with the same equipment and with the *uncertainty CWD poses possible transmission to humans, I think that is a major point of focus.

FWP via CDC are strongly suggesting humans not consume game that is infected by CWD. Why chance it?

This was reported Dec '17 regarding a field test kit by Dr. Bastian - the LSU scientist working on CWD forefront with the YouTube video shared.
RMEF elk network article
“I would like to give hunters a test kit that they can carry in the woods so they can test their kill for presence of the bacteria while they are in the field,” Bastian said. “Hunters need to know whether their kill is infected before they consume the meat.”
https://elknetwork.com/louisiana-scientist-claims-breakthrough-in-cwd-research/

Last edited:
A field test kit would be interesting. I wonder how many people would punch their tag if they could test the animal and found it infected?

Do you seriously think that if a treatment or cure for Alzheimers, CJD and scrapies in sheep had been discovered that it would be announced by a deer hunting group in Pennsylvania?

This is a bunch of bull sheet!!

ClearCreek

Last edited:
Do you seriously think that if a treatment or cure for Alzheimers, CJD and scabies in sheep had been discovered that it would be announced by a deer hunting group in Pennsylvania?

This is a bunch of bull sheet!!

ClearCreek
That Group is basically anti what ever the PA Game Commission says or does. Or at least it seems that way very often. Lets just keep our fingers crossed

That Group is basically anti what ever the PA Game Commission says or does. Or at least it seems that way very often. Lets just keep our fingers crossed

+1
I don't put much faith in anything that is pushed by Unified Sportsmen of PA

Back