Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Christmas presents for wife

My wife and I have had a "deal" since our first Christmas together...

No buying surprise gifts. They suck or are just not appropriate for the holiday.

This after I was given a "baby/backside" children's thermometer and a complete set of air tools to work on our hobby car. I didn't own an air compressor. Needless to say the air tools were re-gifted to her uncle who was a shade-tree mechanic and I went out and bought myself something nice. Afterwards, I made her agree to never again spend MY money on ME. I will buy my own gifts. Things I actually want and then she can wrap them, or not. The only unplanned gift I receive every year is a pumpkin pie and a tub of coolwhip for my birthday which coincides with Thanksgiving time of year.

We prefer to spend our money on experiences than "things". Hunting trips together, vacations, adventures, or general items for the house or our future.

She most always gets what she wants/needs and rarely has to ask twice for something she likes.
We do ski trips and other things as our big gifts, but I always try to get her a few things now. No more big stuff, if she want’s something she buys it and the same with me.

Just went to Walmart for 1 thing because I despise that place but I know right where what I need is.

Spent 30 seconds shopping and 30 minutes trying to check out. Why is everyone out at 3 pm on a Tuesday? Don’t these city people work?

We do ski trips and other things as our big gifts, but I always try to get her a few things now. No more big stuff, if she want’s something she buys it and the same with me.
Exactly... It is hard to be disappointed if the "gift" is thought out together.

Based on large purchases and hunting trips over the last few years, I think we are both covered for birthdays, anniversaries, and Christmas until at least 2030. LOL

Well I survived my trip to the big city. Lincoln must have more people than @wllm has to deal with in Boston. Back to my cave until next December. I tried trading an elk pelt and 4 raccoon skins for the gifts but I guess they don’t do that anymore.

The amount of time wasted by people in line inserting the chip 3x then swiping, then putting the card in again is unreal. The poor cashier at Scheels was either fed up or a good farm girl, when I pulled out cash after the 2 people in front of me fought cards she said thank you. If any of you Gen X’ers make fun of me for writing a check I’ll box ya.

Society: “cards are so much more convenient than cash”

The people in line: “That chip won’t read better this time than it had the last 12.

Well I survived my trip to the big city. Lincoln must have more people than @wllm has to deal with in Boston. Back to my cave until next December. I tried trading an elk pelt and 4 raccoon skins for the gifts but I guess they don’t do that anymore.

The amount of time wasted by people in line inserting the chip 3x then swiping, then putting the card in again is unreal. The poor cashier at Scheels was either fed up or a good farm girl, when I pulled out cash after the 2 people in front of me fought cards she said thank you. If any of you Gen X’ers make fun of me for writing a check I’ll box ya.

Society: “cards are so much more convenient than cash”

The people in line: “That chip won’t read better this time than it had the last 12.

1671578848217.png

Pro tip…

I also missed on things she says throughout the year. I now have a list in my notes and will add things as she finds things she likes.

Be vigilant, she may also randomly change her mind throughout the year as things “go out of style”. So we are never safe and will never win!

Just went to Walmart for 1 thing because I despise that place but I know right where what I need is.

Spent 30 seconds shopping and 30 minutes trying to check out. Why is everyone out at 3 pm on a Tuesday? Don’t these city people work?
I went to Wally World last night. I needed to get a few stocking stuffers. I couldn’t remember if my wife liked the giardelli chocolates or the lindor chocolates. I got both and now I can’t remember what I did with them. The other groceries got put away, but I did not put them away. I am guessing she already found them. FAIL!

We don’t exchange gifts. Same bank account. If we want something we can buy it for ourselves been that way for 10 years now seems to work just fine. I have the girls go pick something out for her from them that’s about it.
Ditto.
We usually plan a vacation trip for the summer on Christmas morning.

Yep most of you are so clueless.
We quit the xmas madness. We buy what we NEED.
But this year I went and got a Ninja Foodi Smart XL toaster oven. It's great.
Then we ended up buying a Smart TV to get the extra channel we didn't know about.
Just been informed a UTV we ordered 11 months ago finally came in.
So it's all taken care of.
HA! HA!

Don't go to Walmart on Christmas eve and fill the cart with $150 Worth of random kitchen utensils..ask me how I know.

Edit-half in the bag no less.
Black Friday is the best day to go to Wally World. Around noon time all the shoppers have went home but all the workers are still there. Every register is open and there is no lines!

My wife and I made a deal that Xmas was for the kids. In part because we were 19 when we got married and didn’t have two nickels to rub together. We had our first girl a year after we got married 30 years ago and we’ve stuck to that for the entire marriage. We don’t buy each other gifts.
It’s worked for all these years and at this point we don’t even discuss it.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back