Caribou Gear

Christmas in June

KimLeeJung

Got up this morning and went to town for breakfast. Decided to stop at the local pawn shop and see if there was anything that I couldn't live without. I was in there visiting with the woman behind the counter when I spied a stock with molded in camo sitting in the corner. I asked her if I could have a look at it. Turned out it was a McMillan inletted for a Ruger 77. Asked if it was for sale. She said that the person pawned in and never came back.

Hiding my enthusiasm, I asked her what she would take for it. She asked me if I would give her $65.00 for it. Reluctantly, I said yes. :D I felt so bad that I bought 3 new predator calls and a set of .264 dies:cool:

Looks like my .338 Win Mag got new shoes!!!

VERY NICE GRAB!! Which camo pattern? I'm thinking a desert camo McMillan would be sweet on my SS 338...but I probably won't do it as it was a gift from dad.

KLJ:

Seems to me that you had no choice. Your sensibilities would have been offended had you not taken that deal. It is Sunday tomorrow, so you can go to confession and ask repentance for stealing it at that price. :D:D

I had a similar experience today. Just got back from the Filson 50%-65% off sale and just felt that I needed to upgrade my wool pants, get a replacement wool vest, splurge for those great upland bird pants I could never justify, and top it off with a new Mackinaw Cruiser.

Call me an old fashioned crumedgeon, but even with the modern "wonder fabrics" I still have an attachment to good wool. Especially good wool that is at a fire sale price.

Wife was standing right there and said "Happy Father's Day. Sure there isn't anything else you could use?" I am suspicious of her motives, but what the hell, for the time being I am happy. :D

Back