Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Christensen Arms Mesa first blush evaluation

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I had a little bit of time to shoot some more this morning. Didn’t have a ton of ammo, so I did a quick cursory check on POI with and without muzzle brake. At least in my rifle, the POI changes by about an inch, may be a little less.

It actually seem to shoot slightly tighter without the brake, but that could be me. Recoil without the brake isn’t too much worse, a little sharper. It’s amazing the difference a stock makes in felt recoil. The model 70 I used to have kicked like hell. It had a wood stock.

I had a little bit of time to shoot some more this morning. Didn’t have a ton of ammo, so I did a quick cursory check on POI with and without muzzle brake. At least in my rifle, the POI changes by about an inch, may be a little less.

It actually seem to shoot slightly tighter without the brake, but that could be me. Recoil without the brake isn’t too much worse, a little sharper. It’s amazing the difference a stock makes in felt recoil. The model 70 I used to have kicked like hell. It had a wood stock.
Stock design and fit is one of the most overlooked parts on a rifle. A good fitting stock is night and day difference in felt recoil IMO.

I would like to play with one in 308 or 7-08. I’ve had my eyes on the ridgeline in 308 with the 20” barrel. I’m super pleased with my ridgeline in 300wsm. That 20” rifle with my incoming YHM Resonator K can on it would be perfect for most of my needs. I personally feel like for the trigger, stock, and fit/finish these are hard to beat.

I’ve shot mine some more but not on paper. Took it out to 320 and 340yds on steel. Still breaking the barrel in but happy with it. The forearm is a bit skinny for a Harris bipod so I might install a rail up there.

Attachments

• 2BA3740B-3932-40D5-820E-50DA47B4D2CB.jpeg
    2BA3740B-3932-40D5-820E-50DA47B4D2CB.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 14
I’ve shot mine some more but not on paper. Took it out to 320 and 340yds on steel. Still breaking the barrel in but happy with it. The forearm is a bit skinny for a Harris bipod so I might install a rail up there.
I did a rail on my Ridgeline. Worked great. There was way to much slop with my Harris.

Side note, has anybody played around with one of these in 270 wsm? I know there are better cartridge options out there but the local shop has had one for a while and I was debating on seeing how much negotiating I might could do on it…
While i haven't shot a Christensen, by all means pick up that 270 WSM!

With the 6.8 Western and the military going to the 277 Fury, i'm betting .277" bullet development is going to take off!

While i haven't shot a Christensen, by all means pick up that 270 WSM!

With the 6.8 Western and the military going to the 277 Fury, i'm betting .277" bullet development is going to take

Just for curiosity sake, I looked at Berger’s stabilization calculator. The 1:10 twist should have you covered stabilization wise up to about a 150 gr bullet.

Back