Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Chris Brackett Sentenced Yesterday

One thing I've learned growing up in Utah. If someone introduces themselves as "brother so and so", or "elder", find your wallet and lock the door.
Truly religious folks who live their beliefs don't show boat, same as good athletes, tough fighters, etc.

I still don't understand how this isn't a serious crime(poaching). How much is a "trophy" deer worth? In my state anywhere from $5k to $375k. The guy should have a nice felony on his record. Jail time might be hard, but let a felony hang over his head as he looks for work or wants a gun.

One thing I've learned growing up in Utah. If someone introduces themselves as "brother so and so", or "elder", find your wallet and lock the door.
Truly religious folks who live their beliefs don't show boat, same as good athletes, tough fighters, etc.

I still don't understand how this isn't a serious crime(poaching). How much is a "trophy" deer worth? In my state anywhere from $5k to $375k. The guy should have a nice felony on his record. Jail time might be hard, but let a felony hang over his head as he looks for work or wants a gun.

Surprised you didn’t mention stoning him or even better yet, a crucifixion.

Me on the other hand will give him the benefit of doubt as he pays his debt to society. I hope he has learned his lesson and turns it in to a positive. Others see what he did and the price he is paying and don’t poach.

Me on the other hand will give him the benefit of doubt as he pays his debt to society. I hope he has learned his lesson and turns it in to a positive. Others see what he did and the price he is paying and don’t poach.

This wasn't some accident where he missed the buck and hit a doe.

Drink one to many beers, get pulled over, you go to jail, either lose license or have to install breath tester at your cost, get to pay high risk insurance for 7+ years, etc.

I'd be fine with grades of poaching.

Least being dude feeding his family
Worst being poaching "businesses".

Dude poached a deer, then transported it away, then used or attempted to use it for fame/profit.

And for that he got a $30 fine?

$15k per deer(which is fair). The ban is meaningless. He didn't follow game laws anyway.

Go steal a $30k truck, see if you get restitution and a 2yr ban from buying new trucks.

“ I once was lost but now I’m found, was blind but now I see...” can be the profession of truly changed individuals or the oily sales pitch of someone who has learned to use “redemption speak” as a cover for continued bad behavior.

I hope Chris is going to be an example of the former and is learning from the consequences of his life choices. Many a man and myself included looks back on poor choices with shame and is grateful for the gracious opportunity
found in Christ to change their lives.

Right along with the territory of grace comes the admonition of Jesus himself to his followers. “ By their fruits you will know them.”

Hopefully this reality sinks deeply into the understanding of a personality that has heretofore seemed to lack understanding that performance trumps expression as people judge whether faith is genuine and life changing.

Grace can certainly change the heart and behavior of a poacher, or a drunk, or a self-righteousness church going
preacher.

His behavior since his conversion will confirm whether he understands it or not.

I ‘m glad he was held accountable for his poaching. I hope his future behavior backs up the claim to faith.

Bracket is a cartoonish goon. A cariacture of everything that puts hunters in a bad light, quite litteraly. I'm just glad he was exposed and hope he will just sort of fade away now. As far as his sentence goes, it was probably pretty standard for a first offense.

I wish Ted Nugent would also just sort of fade away.

It'd be easier to give him the benefit of the doubt if he seemed contrite at all...that's not really what I got out of his post.

"When a person shows you who they are, believe them the first time" --MA

This pretty much sums it all up for this guy. The week after he’s sentenced he’s asking on Twitter where he should hunt early season. Pretty scary really.
View attachment 110709
For everyone who is getting upset about him looking for early season deer tags , his sentence doesn’t take effect until November.Personal opinion of him and his poaching activities aside, he isn’t violating the terms of his guilty plea.

For everyone who is getting upset about him looking for early season deer tags , his sentence doesn’t take effect until November.Personal opinion of him and his poaching activities aside, he isn’t violating the terms of his guilty plea.
Lol!

Doesn’t seem right that he’s allowed to purchase a hunting license and hunt up until his court date in November.

This wasn't some accident where he missed the buck and hit a doe.

Drink one to many beers, get pulled over, you go to jail, either lose license or have to install breath tester at your cost, get to pay high risk insurance for 7+ years, etc.

I'd be fine with grades of poaching.

Least being dude feeding his family
Worst being poaching "businesses".

Dude poached a deer, then transported it away, then used or attempted to use it for fame/profit.

And for that he got a $30 fine?

$15k per deer(which is fair). The ban is meaningless. He didn't follow game laws anyway.

Go steal a $30k truck, see if you get restitution and a 2yr ban from buying new trucks.
um …. maybe you just did a misprint but fine was $30,000 not $30

Back