Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Chris Brackett Sentenced Yesterday

TheGrayRider

Chris Brackett admitted poaching and smuggling deer. Federal prosecutors said forty-one-year-old Christopher Brackett used to host "Fear No Evil". Brackett admitted killing two bucks in Indiana in 2013 within minutes of each other when state rules said he could only take one in a season.
Brackett also admitted taking the second buck to East Peoria, Illinois and the next year featuring it as "the Unicorn Buck" on his show because of its antler formation. Brackett will pay fines and restitution totaling 30,000 dollars to Indiana. He'll be sentenced in November to two and a half years of probation and a worldwide ban on hunting during that period.
Brackett also confessed in court to ordering his cameraman to destroy footage of the first buck shooting. The first buck was an eight-point buck. The Unicorn Buck was an eleven-pointer.

PROBATION?????????? 30K is fine, but the guy really needs to go away. Can't wait to talk to the guys at work about this. We're embarrassed to have this azzwipe around town! Talk about an ego. I'm sure he'll pop back up somewhere. Maybe he'll wreck another new boat and go down with the ship!

He is posting on social media looking for early season tags cause his probation doesn't start until November. A sure enough looser.
What, other people's tags, so he can call them up and have them tag the animals he shoots?

Brackett will pay fines and restitution totaling 30,000 dollars to Indiana. He'll be sentenced in November to two and a half years of probation and a worldwide ban on hunting during that period.

When did this punishment come about? What sort of enforcement coordination world wide took place to get this type of law into place?

Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true, but I just don't think the extensive negotiations among countries occurred that would allow this to happen.

ClearCreek

When did this punishment come about? What sort of enforcement coordination world wide took place to get this type of law into place?

Don't get me wrong, I wish it were true, but I just don't think the extensive negotiations among countries occurred that would allow this to happen.

ClearCreek
He agreed to that sentence. If he's caught hunting anywhere his suspended sentence is revoked.

he got off easy . banning him means nothing but makes folks feel good.. he has already shown he has no regard for the law and is more then willing to break any law he wishes as he sees fit.

ClearCreek
Take it from me, I guarantee if he crossed the pond we wouldn't have a clue he had been 'banned from worldwide hunting' (well I might!) and he could hunt where he liked, unless of course he was refused entry at the border because his conviction flagged up.
Which is possible because anyone in the UK convicted of any crime can't gain entry to the US unless they go through a lengthy legal challenge to obtain a visa.
Cheers
Richard

Take it from me, I guarantee if he crossed the pond we wouldn't have a clue he had been 'banned from worldwide hunting' (well I might!) and he could hunt where he liked, unless of course he was refused entry at the border because his conviction flagged up.
Which is possible because anyone in the UK convicted of any crime can't gain entry to the US unless they go through a lengthy legal challenge to obtain a visa.
Cheers
Richard
They can always come in through Mexico like everyone else, illegally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back