Cheyenne St Baldricks 2019

WyoDoug

It is getting close and I am far away from my fundraising goal. On September 28, I am shaving my head and beard to raise funds for childhood cancer research grants and fellowships. Childhood cancer is the number one disease killer of kids today, yet only 4% of the funds spent on cancer research go to childhood cancer specific research. This is the fifth year I have served as lead organizer for these events and I really want to set the example on fundraising and would appreciate any help I can get from fellow outdoorsmen and women and hunters. The link below is a secure page and I promise, St Baldricks Foundation will never share your information. My mug shot is on my fundraising page and I will update it with my bald one once I get my head shaved. Even if all you do is five bucks, please donate something.

The link to donate on the bounty on my head: https://stbaldricks.org/participants/DougMewis2019

I personally got involved in this organization in 2008 after getting an invite from one of my friends to participate. I had close exposure to childhood cancer in the 70s when my niece from my former marriage developed acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Back then the only treatment for childhood cancer was the same as adults, chemotherapy and radiation and at adult doses. The treatment proved to be just as fatal to my neice back then and once I learned of this event, I decided after shaving my head a few times to organize an event myself. The first one in Cheyenne was held in 2015 in the Historic Atlas Theatre.

I did get Randy's permission to post on this fundraiser and the one I do for Hunting With Heroes which will be later this year. As for this one, thanks a lot. It means a lot to the kids who are depending on us for better treatment.

Thank you! As a father of a child who is battling AML Leukemia I personnaly appreciate it!

The tradition with these events in addition to raising funds is to shave your head in solidarity with kids with cancer. See the results of me in the below image:

20190929_195714.jpg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back