Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Chest holster while wearing bino harness

denverteacher

Does anyone wear a chest holster under their bino harness? I feel like that is a lot of straps going on, so am interested in anyone’s feedback, or other ways you like to carry your sidearm while in the field.

Does anyone wear a chest holster under their bino harness? I feel like that is a lot of straps going on, so am interested in anyone’s feedback, or other ways you like to carry your sidearm while in the field.
I really like my Razco holster, it attaches underneath my FHF gear bino harness.

I did when hunting Arizona down near the border. S&W Shield 9mm inMangear Alaska chest rig under Leupold bino harness. Worked well for me.

I generally wear my chest rig. Attach my range finder to that. I use a pouch on my pack belt for my binos. When I drop my pack I cross body sling the binos.750C3D02-94DB-47D6-8078-BB6691EE4DA4.png

I also have the Razco holster that attaches underneath my FHF bino-harness. I used it on a day hike in the Beartooths and I was impressed. IMO, you don't notice the extra weight. I carry a .45 ACP model 1911. I have practiced shooting my bow with it on and it does not interfere with the shot. I would recommend it.

I found that a Glock 26 fits pretty well in the elastic sleeve on top of my Kodiak CUB bino harness.

I also have the Razco holster that attaches underneath my FHF bino-harness. I used it on a day hike in the Beartooths and I was impressed. IMO, you don't notice the extra weight. I carry a .45 ACP model 1911. I have practiced shooting my bow with it on and it does not interfere with the shot. I would recommend it.
I am definitely interested in the Razco. I think I am going to send them an email asking if you can add straps to turn it into a regular chest rig for when I am not wearing my binos such as fishing etc. Appreciate your feedback!

I mounted a holster to my waist buckle of my backpack. However, I saw this morning that Eberlestock is advertising a bino harness with a built in holster. Didn't go beyond the ad but it might be something you are interested in.

I am definitely interested in the Razco. I think I am going to send them an email asking if you can add straps to turn it into a regular chest rig for when I am not wearing my binos such as fishing etc. Appreciate your feedback!

Razco offers just a chest holster. I am considering this, as well. As you stated, when I go backpacking I usually do not take my binoculars. Not sure if it would work as good as the bino-harness attachment during big game season.

Razco offers just a chest holster. I am considering this, as well. As you stated, when I go backpacking I usually do not take my binoculars. Not sure if it would work as good as the bino-harness attachment during big game season.
I sent them an email asking if you can turn their universal bino holster into just a chest rig for when binos are not in use. Will post here with what they say.

I have always preferred having my revolver in a cross draw holster on my pack belt. Based on what I have read on the internet, I understand that this is a sure way to become grizzly droppings when I drop my pack, but I have never worried too much about it. That system worked fine on my old style Kifaru packs with revolvers up to a 4” S&W M500.

When I got a new Kifaru frame, I found that it had molle in place of the wide webbing I was used to so I had to look for an alternative. I ordered a Diamond D Guides Choice holster before a Wyoming moose hunt as I hoped to take a moose with a revolver if a close shot presented itself. The holster showed up a day or two before I left for the hunt which didn’t leave much time for break in or to play with it. At that time, my chest pouch for my binos was pretty spartan and it did interfere with my draw. When a moose finally came into revolver range, I decided the contortions I would need to go through drawing the revolver might spook it back into the higher than moose brush from which he appeared, so I shot him with the rifle. Had the holster been on my belt, I am sure I would have used the revolver. Looking back, I wish I would have put more thought into my setup and spent some of the downtime on the hunt practicing with the holster. I have made some adjustments. The holster rides lower and more in a normal cross-draw position and I have a new AGC bino pouch that rides higher. Now, I just need another moose tag!

If you look closely, you can see the set up that did not work:

4C218295-6D14-4F64-ACAC-94115726AA7A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back