PEAX Equipment

How do you carry your bear defense sidearm

Chest holster.

No other way compares. Drop leg? Not great if your in/out if treestands. Waist in any fashion? Not really if you carry a pack that has a waist belt or you wear bibs because it's cold. Or have multiple layers/coat. And I can tell you my beautiful 7mm has scratches in the stock from being carried while I had a 357 in a OWB holster.. my buddy missed a big buck by his rifle getting snagged on his OWB holster when he went to swing it up.

Think about it. Where's the one single area that's never covered by anything, always completely and quickly accessible no matter what clothes or gear, and can even be weather protected (zip your coat up over it if you want)? It's your chest. I'm also a huge fan of consistency in carrying. If you always carry in the same location, when the adrenaline is pumping and your in a life or death event your memory and muscle memory will instantly know what to do. I've found other ways of carrying dictated constantly changing holsters or holster positions depending on gear and clothes for the season.

I have the alien gear chest holster and cannot recommend it enough. It's awesome. Also, consider getting tritium night sights and a weapons mounted light if your serious about protecting your life in the woods in the dark.

I have a cheap Amazon holster that slides onto my belt on my Exo backpack. Holds a spare mag. Pretty cool holster but if your gun is heavy it’ll be useless.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back