Caribou Gear Tarp

Checked some cams.

AZ402

Checked a few cameras I have out in a couple units here in AZ. These pics are all off the same cam, the unit isn't known for giants. A few respectable bulls wondered by in the last two weeks.

cam2102.jpg

cam2106.jpg

cam2253.jpg

cam2473.jpg

cam2549.jpg

More from 6 Stan?

One of them. I have some cameras in the "High End" units but they won't see the WWW. DDD, these bulls are safe from me, no tag. I set this cam up in hopes of catching a muley buck or two, hasn't worked out yet.

How many are in this pic?

cam2489.jpg

Is that a mineral lick? Those look to be some very nice bulls, by my estimation. I know I'd hang a tag on any of them.

I've seen some nice mule deer bucks in 6A--some real toads. I've never been fortunate enough to get one of those though I have tagged some smaller ones there and I've always loved that unit. In 2005, my dad & I were driving in to Munds Park to catch an ASU football game at just about last light having hunted hard all day. About 20 yards off the main forest road was a beautiful 6x6 with great, deep forks. I slowed down, let my dad creep out and then pulled my truck off the road. I heard his 7mm howl and I got out with my knife to help him field dress the buck only to see it bound away in front of me, eyes now as big as its ears. I suspect that buck doesn't browse by the roads anymore.

My dad's probably taken 40-50 mule deer and all of them coming from considerably tougher shots, so it was tough not to rib him too, too much. All he could say was that it had better be a hell of a game.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back