chat room

Thank you randy for an eloquent, yet to-the-point look at what a TV show and a forum cost.

YOu illustrate well the disparity between passion and profit. When one goes up, the other goes down...

Fin another semi public land show recently posted something about a new law proposing filming permits being set at $200/year. Know anything about this?

•Limit attachments. Require pics to be hosted on some other platform, such as Photobucket and let them incur the storage costs.
Since I do this already, I would more than gladly support your decision to do so! :D There are lots of free services out there for hosting a persons pics. So, it won't cost the posters anything and saves you a few bucks to continue to keep the lights on here. Win, win as I see it.

Fin another semi public land show recently posted something about a new law proposing filming permits being set at $200/year. Know anything about this?

Yup. Been helping on that one for some time. There was a bill in 2012 that had the same language, introduced by a MT Senator. Election year politics killed it. Hope this one passes.

I've paid over $90,000 in public land filming pemits in the last six years. No problem with paying for the use of a public resource, but the cost does not seem commensurate with the impacts our little crew has on the resource.

How many members on this site Randy?

I know you would probably like to keep it free, but I for one, would be willing to pay.

And to the forum members in general, maybe we should all just adopt a small user fee and send it it to Randy? $5 per year? That is dirt cheap for the entertainment and then it would still be a "free" site. If it would help defray even a little cost, I think it would be worth it. Thoughts?

How many members on this site Randy?

I know you would probably like to keep it free, but I for one, would be willing to pay.

And to the forum members in general, maybe we should all just adopt a small user fee and send it it to Randy? $5 per year? That is dirt cheap for the entertainment and then it would still be a "free" site. If it would help defray even a little cost, I think it would be worth it. Thoughts?

I'd gladly pay $5 or $10 a year for the wealth of information and entertainment found here.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back