Caribou Gear

Charter/Spectrum Drops Sportsman Channel

Weedkillincat

I found out that as of yesterday that Charter/Spectrum has dropped the Sportsman Channel. I tried to record a couple of programs and all that came up was that the channel was no longer available. I think this channel offers the best programming for western sportsman. I have contacted the Sportsman Channel and this was their response:

Thank you for your message. And thank you for your viewership and support.

We too are very disappointed that Charter (Spectrum) decided to discontinue offering Sportsman Channel on October 30th. You should know that this decision was Spectrum’s alone and was made despite our repeated attempts to change their minds. Also, contrary to what you’ve heard, Sportsman Channel is still in business, still broadcasting and is available on other TV providers in your area including Dish Network, DirecTV and Sling TV. There is also a great new service that provides exciting hunting, shooting and fishing programming called MyOutdoorTV or MOTV. MOTV is available online and can be found at www.myoutdoortv.com.

If you’d like to voice your concern about Spectrum discontinuing Sportsman Channel, you can call them using the telephone numbers provided on your monthly bill. Or if you can’t find the local customer service number, you can go to the Charter Spectrum website www.charter.com, locate the “Contact Us” tab. Click on that tab and input your zip code to determine the local customer service number. You may want to have your bill handy. Representatives are there 24/7. Tell them that you want Sportsman Channel brought back.

Social media is another effective way to contact Spectrum. Spectrum monitors its Facebook and other social media sites. On Facebook, look for the Spectrum (Company) page. On Twitter, you can use @Ask_Spectrum or @GetSpectrum.
Lastly, you can send a letter to Mr. Tom Rutledge, Chairman and CEO, Charter Communications, 400 Atlantic Street, Stamford, CT 06901. Tell him that you want Sportsman Channel brought back.

Again we are very sorry that Charter decided to discontinue offering Sportsman Channel. Spectrum, not Sportsman Channel made the decision to do so. We continue to work to restore Sportsman Channel on Spectrum and appreciate your reaching out to them to express your dissatisfaction.

Thank you for your viewership and loyalty.

Thanks, I just noticed the same thing on my Charter programming.

I called Charter and they wanted me to log on to Spectrum.com and ask for the channel to be reinstated

I had them look up how long I have been a customer (1987) and asked if it was worth it to them for me to cancel.

Surprisingly, they didn’t seem too concerned and told me that I got an introductory price when I signed up in 1987 as well as a $30 reduction two years ago so I was SOL.

I will research options and cancel soon, Netflix here I come!

I'm sure they are just fighting over the price. I'm sure Sportsman Channel went from 50 cents per subscriber to $1 per subscriber or something like that and the bigger companies (Charter, Direct TV, Dish, AT&T, etc.) have the clout to fight the price increase. They just drop the channel and then after a few weeks either the channel will give in or the provider will get enough push back or generally they will negotiate something in the middle somewhere.

It happens all the time.

I have Charter/Spectrum and the Sportsman Channel is still on channel 217 here, including Fresh Tracks at 4PM today.

We haven't had cable since we moved back to the states and don't miss it at all. We have apple TV to include Netflix, that along with Amazon Prime & NFL Pass we still save a ton.

Back