Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

"Catch a poacher trap" pic's

Oh the stories I have, me and a deputy friend worked several years with the GW covering our area. We spent most weekends during the fall working the night shift catching poachers and some day shift operations.

People do some really really stupid things when they see a small buck from the truck. We always had a crew by the decoy as well as a chase vehicle nearby. I remember one night all was quite and we were just kinda hanging out. We hear a huge commotion by the decoy and think WTH. Hit the lights and a buck had came in and beat the decoys azz. Had him pinned to the ground. Hahaha

I used to hunt SD for pheasants and one guy I knew would take a rooster that he had shot (legally), then take the head / neck and shove a stick in it, and plant it in a ditch 50 yards from his house out in the grass, in the ditch and watch road hunters shoot it. Wasn't illegal, but he said it was good entertainment watching from his living room.

Oh the stories I have, me and a deputy friend worked several years with the GW covering our area. We spent most weekends during the fall working the night shift catching poachers and some day shift operations.

People do some really really stupid things when they see a small buck from the truck. We always had a crew by the decoy as well as a chase vehicle nearby. I remember one night all was quite and we were just kinda hanging out. We hear a huge commotion by the decoy and think WTH. Hit the lights and a buck had came in and beat the decoys azz. Had him pinned to the ground. Hahaha
Did you attempt to cite the buck for “Vandalizing Government Property? :ROFLMAO:

A older buddy of mine was walking through I thin patch of timber that's only 100 yards wide. If you park your truck back and then walk through that patch it opens up into a lot of timber and you won'tspook anything. But it's right off the road. He's walking along not really paying attention. Glances over and see's a huge bull. He is broadside at 40-ish yards in a clearing. Terry thinks how lucky he is to have a bull that close to the road. He lifts his crossbow and he sends an arrow into it.

He said he heard the arrow "Whack!" And then heard some guy scream, "Jesus F#$%IN Christ!" And a guy in a ghillie suit stand up way off to his right. The young guy in the ghillie was pissed. But Terry said you could hear what he called, "old guy chuckling" over his radio.

Idaho has taxidermists make their decoys. They look pretty real, especially to a 65 year old with C.O.P.D. who can't hike far from a road and hasn't had a shot at a bull in over a decade. It was set up 60 yards off the road to catch rifle users and road hunters in archery season. They didn't account for an old guy walking just off the road.

A few years ago my uncle helped a guy on a local WMA who had killed an illegal whitetail buck in a 4pt management zone. After helping him to the truck the guy, who was very nervous proceeded to drive a short distance down the county rd and shot the game wardens dummy deer. Pretty sure his day didn't end well.

Years ago a buddy and myself was driving back from somewhere very late a night, probably a bar, and we saw eyes across the ditch. We stopped and backed up a bit and put the headlights on the eyes. It was a buck. its head sort of moved unnaturally and my bud says that its one of them robo bucks. So he lays on the horn. Finally he stops with the horn. We had the windows down and out of the woods a guy hollers “ You dang fools knock it off and get moving on , we’re trying to get some sleep back here. I guess they was staked out to catch someone and got tired and needed a nap. We laugh like heck all the way home.

I don’t watch TV much, but I like the warden shows on Animal planet. North woods law and Lonestar law. It’s pretty funny the difference in attitudes and discretion by each warden. Some of them are hard asses that write up everything and some cut a lot of slack. One episode a guy puts a stalk on their Turkey decoy off the road and they stopped him and commended him for doing it right.

They do a fair amount of decoy operations and catch a lot of people shooting off the road and after dark.

I don’t watch TV much, but I like the warden shows on Animal planet. North woods law and Lonestar law. It’s pretty funny the difference in attitudes and discretion by each warden. Some of them are hard asses that write up everything and some cut a lot of slack. One episode a guy puts a stalk on their Turkey decoy off the road and they stopped him and commended him for doing it right.

They do a fair amount of decoy operations and catch a lot of people shooting off the road and after dark.
I like lone star law.

I like lone star law.

That Morgan Inman is a nice guy but I sure wouldn’t want to get sideways with him, he looks like he’d tie a guy in a knot. I like that Mike Boone too. He’s a nice guy but if you’re wrong you’re getting a ticket.

Probably one of the only shows the wife and I both like. I like that Benny Richards guy I think the wife likes Randolph Mcgee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back