Carson Wentz

Jamen

How can you not love this guy? I may be biased since I am from North Dakota and Went to NDSU for 5 years but that aside he is a great person and player. I hope he has the success he had yesterday throughout a long and injury free career.

When he got the call from his coach that he would be the starter he was laying in a corn field hunting geese. I recently heard a story about him. When he was in college a gentleman offered to take 4 NDSU football players out for snow goose hunting. He had no idea who Carson or his other teammates were he just wanted to give the chance to take young adults out hunting. Carson had blast it sounded like, after he was drafted he told the man who took them hunting he was going to buy him a trailer and fill it with decoys for when he comes home he can go hunting with this guy again.

Again I am biased from growing up here in North Dakota and I am sure there are other folks that are just as nice in other places. But this just shows the kind of person Carson is and how he was raised. We may be a small flat state that has snow more months than not but we have good people.

I cant wait to watch him play for years to come! Even though I am a Packers fan, maybe after Rodgers is done we will snag him up...

Watched him play when they matched up with the Griz in Missoula last fall. He is an impressive athlete. Good to hear he is an impressive person as well.

He may do very well only time will tell but the nfl is full of former QB's that had a promising rookie year only fail miserably later on. As a fan of another NFC East team I'm not rooting for him.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
A good guy does not an NFL quarterback make. One week in. I pull for the guy and I am a GRIZZ fan. mtmuley

I thought it was funny how he was goose hunting when he got the call that he was gonna be the starter for the Eagles after Bradford got traded to my beloved Vikings. I wonder what people outside of more rural states think of that. They probably think its the weirdest thing in the world, but really cool to all us hunters.

After three games and a big win this Sunday he is doing pretty damn good for a rookie. Yes it has only been 3 games and their defense is a big factor in that, but it is good to see the kid do great!

What a humble and gracious young man. Pretty damn fine football distributor also. The scramble and throw on the run to Sproles was a heart-stake.

In is post game interviews he never takes any credit. He says its all his team mates who make it happen. That says something to me.

In is post game interviews he never takes any credit. He says its all his team mates who make it happen. That says something to me.

Yes sir....the gal interviewing could not drag a brag out of him no matter how hard she tried.

I think how he is as a person says a lot on how the team is playing as a whole. They are trying really hard to make his role easier and going that extra mile to do that. It is kind of funny that Wentz is all you hear people talking about here in ND. People who do not even follow the NFL will stop and watch him play. I know he has the whole state behind him every step of the way.

It is hard not to have a little smile inside when I read all the different articles being written about him. He is a great role model for North Dakota and the rest of the country. He is the product of his environment and how people act here in ND a great representation of the people here!

All the talking heads on the pregame shows were saying we would see how Wentz would do when facing a real team like the steelers. Well he made the steelers look like they weren't a real team at all. He does look pretty good now and we'll see how he does the rest of the season.
As a Cowboys fan I'm hoping he doesn't do as good as Dak Prescott.:rolleyes:

I think Wentz has a future in the NFL, I just read an article about how veterans are impressed with his hard work and preparedness. Good for him, but I'm just hoping Green Bay gets their act together!!!

I think how he is as a person says a lot on how the team is playing as a whole. They are trying really hard to make his role easier and going that extra mile to do that. It is kind of funny that Wentz is all you hear people talking about here in ND. People who do not even follow the NFL will stop and watch him play. I know he has the whole state behind him every step of the way.

It is hard not to have a little smile inside when I read all the different articles being written about him. He is a great role model for North Dakota and the rest of the country. He is the product of his environment and how people act here in ND a great representation of the people here!

We watched the Griz play the Bison last year in the playoffs in Fargo. My wife and I brought our two boys, age 1 and 2. We had them all decked out if Griz gear, and our tickets ended up being at the opposite end of the Griz crowd. The whole time we got nothing but compliments, and had great conversation with all the bison fans around us. After that game my wife and I really realized what the meaning of North Dakota nice is. Those people were really great, and we have nothing but respect for the Bison and Wentz. He's a heck of a football player, and we are definitely rooting for the eagles now.

BTW how many championships are the Bison going to win?

He sounds like a great guy and hope he does well for that reason. But im with Gr8bawana on this one. His team makes it hard to pull for him too much. Im pulling for a different rookie qb ;)

Wentz is hard not to like, just wish Coach Bohl would have brought some recruits to Wyoming like him when he came over. We desperately need some more quality guys on our team. That being said ,Prescott is the man in Texas right now, too bad Romo. How bout them Cowboys!

We watched the Griz play the Bison last year in the playoffs in Fargo. My wife and I brought our two boys, age 1 and 2. We had them all decked out if Griz gear, and our tickets ended up being at the opposite end of the Griz crowd. The whole time we got nothing but compliments, and had great conversation with all the bison fans around us. After that game my wife and I really realized what the meaning of North Dakota nice is. Those people were really great, and we have nothing but respect for the Bison and Wentz. He's a heck of a football player, and we are definitely rooting for the eagles now.

BTW how many championships are the Bison going to win?

I think that you will hear that more often than not when it comes to NDSU fans. Yes some are not like that but the majority are down to earth people. When they beat Iowa this year they didn't storm the field or tear down the goal post they quietly left the stadium with big smiles on their faces. I do not remember what station posted it but they had a few interviews with Iowa fans after the game and they said the same things you did. Win or lose we carry our heads high!!

I hope they keep winning til they don't let them play anymore at that level!!

And here's what he does on his bye week.. People are saying that he threw the arrow and that the bow is just a prop.

As a Griz fan living in Fargo, I can't help but be a fan of him, (and the Bison when they aren't playing the Griz). Very cool stuff!

Capture.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back