Carp,catch'm or snag'm?

D4570

hump.gif
Do you think snaging carp is BAD? I was talking on a dif bourd and they killed me on snaging (carp)? :eek: I was bummed, we snag carp all the time and dont think a thing about it! We allso snag salmon and padlefish, when and were it's ok. It can be FFUUNN! :confused:

If you want to hone in on your archery skills, just shoot them with a bow set up with a fish arrow. Talk about fun. It's pretty cool reeling in big old carp with a bow!! Where we go, there are tons of carp so it is nice to take a few out of the river from time to time.

Snagging carp is sporting and fun. Snagging carp is kind of like hunting. They are really strong especially when you snag them in the side.

MtMiller has some great pics of his escapades sticking fish.
I think as long as it's leagle, who should care, well ceptin of couse those grass eaters in our population....

What IS snagging, might be a lame question, but i never heard the term before. Sounds like fun though, let me in on it.

You use a larger treble hook and snag them as they go by, unless there is something different. We used to snag Sea Perch that would get trapped in a pool when we were younger out on the Sound. Used to get a gunny sack or two full and would put them in the garden for the corn...
We alway's had a great corn crop.

We used to spear herring back east when the run was on. Never tried snagging carp though and there was a lot of them where I grew up.

I never have snaged them but caught this one *Carp Pic* on old fashion worm and faught for half hour, was good time. Was cpl inches shorter than state record, but 3 in. bigger girth wise. Didn't have scale and was early in morn ( bout 2am ) so didn't get official weigh but guessed 40lbs.

So no carp, and no possum. Are you sure you're southern?

LOL..... I think soo it was hot and sticky and people ran around saying stuff like "Boy ya better think twice, You'd rather jackoff a wild boar with a hand full of cockaburrs(stickers for you northern folk) than mess with me!"

I've eaten carp while in Spain. It was white, flakey and downright good.

They say if it comes from cold clean water they don't taste fishy.

Back