Canvas wall tent

junior88

I just bought a wall tent for my upcoming elk hunt here in AZ. My question is what are the best things i can do to preserve it and make it last. Cabelas sells a product called Canvak. Is this any good? Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Make sure it's dry before packing it up for an extended period of time. Get as much of the dirt and rocks out between uses to help cut down on the abrasives wearing on the canvas. Don't know much about the treatments you can apply. If it's a quality tent, it should last for decades.

Ditto mdunc8, plus I'd say make sure that it's covered with some kind of a fly to keep whatever crap falls out of the trees (sap, bird crap, etc) off of the canvas.

Dry is good. Keep it out of the sunlight as much as possible. Ultraviolet damages all fabrics. Try not to leave it folded the same way very long. The folds will fail first.

Who makes a quality wall tent?

Lots of little "Mom and Pop" shops make good ones. Your local one would be a good place to start. The "technology" ain't that complicated, mostly has to do with the material chosen, and then features that you like/ don't like.

Depending on what town you are in try your local "Anytown Tent and Canvas" shop... See if you like their design, their service, and their price.

We have 2 tents made by Bravo tent company. I have a 16' x 24' a 12' x 16' and actually have a 4' x 4' outhouse tent. We have been very pleased with Bravo, Very strong and durable. Bravo has all kinds of options for your tent and stoves. I have a big outfitter class barrel stove that has a 5 gallon water heater on the side that comes in real handy in the mornings. here is the the link www.bravotents.com

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking forward to many years with this tent. My hunt is in the White Mtns (unit 1) and the lows are already in the single digits. The hunt starts on the day after Thanksgiving. Thanks again guys!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back